Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post my dyno numbers from my engine work and tune.

1050x injectors, Metco Pulley 10% OD, 180 T-stat. I returned the spark plugs because they told me its a waste for what I did and would have no consequences to adding any power or performance from using them.

Wound up at 664whp and 626 torque. went up 3psi in boost.

Feels much stronger from 40-100 mph.

All in all this was very worth it. I will run my 0-60 times this weekend.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just wanted to post my dyno numbers from my engine work and tune.

1050x injectors, Metco Pulley 10% OD, 180 T-stat. I returned the spark plugs because they told me its a waste for what I did and would have no consequences to adding any power or performance from using them.

Wound up at 664whp and 626 torque. went up 3psi in boost.

Feels much stronger from 40-100 mph.

All in all this was very worth it. I will run my 0-60 times this weekend.

That seems kind of low. Mine, bone stock besides a JLT CAI is around 640 whp.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the big issue was the heat of the engine and getting it to cool down between pulls to get more out of it. the garage was like 95 degrees with next to no air flow other then the fans running at the mouth of my car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the big issue was the heat of the engine and getting it to cool down between pulls to get more out of it. the garage was like 95 degrees with next to no air flow other then the fans running at the mouth of my car.

Yeah, I bet that is what was killing the numbers. I bet on the street with the in car dyno, it is much higher numbers getting much better air. You know what your 0-60 or 1/8th mile and mph was before the upgrades and where it is now? That'll really show what kind of gains you made.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My best stock 0-60 was 3.5. I will measure the new time this weekend. My 1/4 mile no clue. Ill hit the track soon. I asked about the upper pulley and they suggested against it ( I cant recall why exactly ). They were pointing me to meth injection as next step. I was told to not bother with headers because for the $$ it was a small gain for a big cost.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just want to question this... how is it a intake alone produced as much HP as what I just did? I thought our trucks put out like 565 to the wheel stock. I should have saved my $ and just went with that.

All engines run a bit different on power, ranges I've heard bone stock are 550whp to 620whp. I guess mine is one of the raped apes. LOL Bone stock before the CAI, it was at around 610 and with the CAI, around 640.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No clue they have done 3 of these trucks and all gains have been around the same give or take 30hp. They suggested against the upper wheel due to over boosting and creating too much heat. I think that was the reason. At the end of the day im happy with what I got for the short money i paid. I can always add more later.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
There are various diameter upper pulley applications, seems odd that they are anti any upper. At the end of the day, if you’re happy then that’s all that matters. I’m sure you’ve already gone to Livernois website and compared your build against a similar package to see if your numbers are in the ballpark. If not, that’s what I’d do, just to see how ur doing $ vs HP.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Forget dyno numbers. There’s no questions how much power you are putting down when you get a track slip.

Dyno in a different gear and you’ll see a 30whp difference. Waaay to many variables to compare dyno numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly this.... Different temps/ humidity/ how many pulls you have done.. Different dynos....

Mustang vs Dyno jet.... List can go on and on and on. People need to let the horsepower numbers go and go off of real world results. IMO Dyno numbers are good for your tuner to compare calibrations with each other but other that that... Please take my truck out on the road and tune it lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good numbers! I think a lot of people don't realize you didn't throw on an upper pulley. The lower generally affects torque more than HP. 3 PSI is ~60 RWHP in boosted setups, so I think 660 RWHP is dead on. Like others have mentioned, I would have definitely thrown an upper on if I were going to void the warranty :) E85 and an upper will net you another almost 200 RWHP!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts