Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find information on how the ECO mode in the Trackhawk functions but havent been able to find much of anything. I am not a fan of 4 cylinder mode for several reasons and have always disabled it on every car I have had. I know the Trackhawk has an "ECO" mode, but was wondering if anyone could tell me specifically what "ECO" mode does. One final question is what happens to 4 cylinder mode if ECO mode is disabled. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
TrackHawk does not have 4 cylinder mode.

Eco on the TrackHawk changes the SC boost, the shift points are starts you out in second gear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I heard drops it to 500 hp and valet mode drops it to 180. I like to drive in eco when I have wife and kids in car bc it is so smooth. Also still has plenty of passing power

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I read valet mode drops power to 180 hp. We went to Ruth Chris last night and I did put it in valet mode as we drove up and the valet said this was his second TH that he has seen I happen to know the other guy also but valet told me that my buddy told him to take it on the street and do a launch control! Which he said he did! He crazy. Not in my car

·
Registered
446 Posts
I always use valet mode when valet parking the TH. It does take the thrill right out of the driving experience.

Of course, the best of all is to never valet park your TH. But sometimes it can't be avoided.

Regarding Eco Mode: I tried it a couple times in my GC SRT, and found it only improved the freeway mpg by a little bit, maybe 1 mpg...even with cylinder deactivation. Haven't tried it on the TH.

Does anyone have any actual mpg figures from using it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Valet mode is basically 300hp power curve, and it locks out the performance pages app, and no launch control and so on. Also heard it restricts the motor to no more than 4,000rpm. So, it should be perfect for if the car is valet parked, or if it's dropped off for any service or maintenance, or if a friend or relative insists on getting to drive it.

Eco mode on the hellcats are 500 hp, so I’m assuming it’s cosistent with the TH as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never let any pin head valet kid touch any of my vehicles. I give them a couple bucks and go park in the good spots myself and keep the keys

·
Registered
695 Posts
I daily drive in ECO mode.. confirmed its 500hP
May I ask why you bought a Trackhawk if you daily drive it in ECO mode? My only experience in ECO was after a car wash, they accidentally hit the button while washing it and activated it. When I got it on the highway and mashed it I thought they f...ed up my car somehow, until I saw the ECO light on. I hated it, never again will I drive with that. I don’t get why you’d buy this car and then neuter it for daily use.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I daily drive in ECO mode.. confirmed its 500hP
May I ask why you bought a Trackhawk if you daily drive it in ECO mode? My only experience in ECO was after a car wash, they accidentally hit the button while washing it and activated it. When I got it on the highway and mashed it I thought they f...ed up my car somehow, until I saw the ECO light on. I hated it, never again will I drive with that. I don’t get why you’d buy this car and then neuter it for daily use.
I can’t speak for Nabisco. But I also drive it in “ECO” Mode around town 75% of the time. I don’t need to hammer down and drive it like I stole it all the time. I know what it’s capable of and if a Vette, Porsche etc - pulls up to a light next to me, it’s simple to just twist the dial to the left or hit Custom Mode and let it loose.

On the freeway I haven’t noticed a difference in fuel mileage when I set it on cruise control between ECO Mode and Sport Mode. But around town it helps.

Plus, with the limited amount of time my wife drives it, I’m more comfortable letting her drive it on ECO mode also so she doesn’t screw up and wrap it around a tree. 👍🏻

·
Registered
695 Posts
If I ever got in the habit of using it on a daily basis I think it’d be time for me to trade it in for something else. I get the point of it, but this is the most unpractical SUV ever created, which makes this ECO mode seem like an oxymoron.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just started driving around in eco mode. Like how smooth it shifts and better mileage you get. Yea....I didnt buy this car for the mileage. I get it. But I also dont need to drive this around like I am on a track between lights. If I need to have some fun it's an easy twist to sport or track.

Each their own.

·
Super Moderator
1,583 Posts
I use mullet rules. You know, business in the front, party in the back.
I leave it in eco ( unless there’s a special circumstance) for my work commute and I put it in either custom or auto without eco on the weekends. Averaging 12mpg.
It’s definitely working for me so far.
Cheers everyone

·
Registered
695 Posts
I use mullet rules. You know, business in the front, party in the back.
I leave it in eco ( unless there’s a special circumstance) for my work commute and I put it in either custom or auto without eco on the weekends. Averaging 12mpg.
It’s definitely working for me so far.
Cheers everyone
Mullet rules. Hilarious. Now I know why mine is the biggest pig on the forum, cause it’s never in eco mode. My special circumstance is when I get behind the wheel of 707 hp, if I wanted only 500 hp I would’ve held onto my SRT 8.

·
Super Moderator
1,583 Posts
Yup, if u wanna play, ur def gonna pay. To me, this is the entire purpose of this moronic concoction. There is no purpose except why not. There is simply not any other thing that can do EVERYTHING this does. AND it’s 100k !!!! Not cheap but there’s absolutely nothing else that can even kinda, sorta come close to this level at anywhere near this price point.

I also have a Mitsubishi Lancer evolution final edition and it has such bad fitment but it really gets the job done, performance-wise. It’s modified up to 500ish bhp, 412awhp on the dyno but I can’t quit driving this **** jeep.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The TH is my daily driver, just like my 2014 GC SRT8 was before it. Like a lot of you guys on here, I've owned a ton of muscle cars and exotics. We all know that it takes lots of fuel to make lots of performance in a heavy vehicle like this.

So, whenever anyone admiring the TH (at a gas station, or supermarket parking lot, etc) asks what kind of mpg it gets...and then I tell them "between about 9 and 11 mpg", I usually add "Feeding 707 horses takes a lot of oats."

Almost every single guy then grins and says something like "Yeah! Getting to drive all that horsepower, I wouldn't even care about miles per gallon!"

Me too.

I guess if I ever take it on a long road trip, where the freeway is straight and boring, I'll give Eco a try, just to see what it can do. But, in my daily usage, I like having all the big hp and response on tap instantly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts