Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is one of those questions... in my 2017 SRT the Eco Mode would come on while cruising, and it would show in the display (cluster) , saying something like 4CYL mode, or whatever, can't remember exactly now.
My wife took the 2020 TH to the dealer about some noise from the back, but mentioned to the dealer that the TH does not go into "Eco Mode" (and yes, she knows the conditions when it will or will not go into Eco Mode from the SRT ) and they kind of looked at here like she was a bit crazy from what she said.

So I am that much out of it after my long trip for thinking the TH had/has a working Eco mode, or it is not active on the TH ? or is the dealer that stupid and they don't have a clue about the TH?

And yes, i know, we didn't get the TH for mileage. Like someone said, it's smiles per miles.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
I think the old SRTs have cylinder deactivation or displacement on demand that would come on when being gentle, TH has a separate mode that you have to activate by pressing that Eco button. I would definitely give that owners manual a read, should help you out.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yes, the TH does not shut down cylinders.
Eco mode only limits boost and changes trans shift patterns for max MPG’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
On my 2018 I use the Eco mode for slow driving in town since it starts off in 2nd gear and slows the accelerator pedal response way down....not near as jerky to just to creep around.

One thing which confused me was with cruise control on or just cruising holding the pedal steady …….. if I switch eco on it will engage BUT it will not disengage until the cruise control is turned off or pedal is released....(you can tell by the color of the engine being green and not red).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, my bad, not sure why I was thinking the TH had cylinder deactivation. I assumed it would as the SRT. It's great with the gas prices now, but I have not gone anywhere in that last week and a half, so that sucks !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I remember on my 2017 Jeep SRT as it had the eco mode. I hated that cylinder deactivation. Even with a fairly quiet catback system it gave an annoying growl at highway speeds. Thankfully the Trackhawk does not have this!

·
Registered
126 Posts
My '14 Ram 2500 had that, too. Not that it activated many times because of the way I drive, but I did not like the vibrations when it did.
The first time it happened I thought something had gone wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts