Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer install the Eibach Pro springs (part # EIB-E10510220122) on my 2018 TH. I really like how it looks, and the handling improvement. The new rear springs seem a bit soft IMO.

I have had a bottoming sound from the rear from bumps that I would not expect to cause this, especially with passengers in the back, since the installation. Dealer took a look and commented that when you lower your vehicle, this will happen. Couldn't find anything in searching this forum. Has anyone had this, or perhaps installed something other than the Eibach Pro springs? I was thinking maybe a taller or stiffer spring would be better. Maybe the Mopar Durango rear springs would offer one or both of those since it is slightly larger vehicle.

I hope I do not have to put the factory springs back on. I need to be able to carry passengers and other things in the back sometimes.

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
so east coast jeeps on youtube did a feature on this and there is a notch that is cut out already on our trucks where one of the links or arms will hit when it "bottoms out". People have had that same notch cut a little deeper to avoid this from happening. I have the same springs you do and I'm sure i've heard and felt the same thing but It has not been a issue overall for me. It happens infrequently for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The only time mine has bottomed out is when I tow my race car with trailer. It doesn’t really bottom out but I’m running the wider 22 inch Velgen wheels and they slightly rub against the fender flares I installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
so east coast jeeps on youtube did a feature on this and there is a notch that is cut out already on our trucks where one of the links or arms will hit when it "bottoms out". People have had that same notch cut a little deeper to avoid this from happening. I have the same springs you do and I'm sure i've heard and felt the same thing but It has not been a issue overall for me. It happens infrequently for me.

That notch was necessary with his aftermarket BWoody arms, not the stock ones. The stock arms shouldn’t contact it.

OP, did the install guy use the supplied bump stops? If you use the oem ones, you will hit the stops, as the supplied ones are half the size.

I’ve been running them for near 30k miles, at times fully loaded with 100lbs on a trailer hitch platform and have never hit the stops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ROCKETW19: All the time. The road in front of my house has the kind of pot holes where the just the upper layer of asphalt is missing, but the layer below is still intact. That is enough, at around 40-45 mph to cause a hit with an empty vehicle, just me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That notch was necessary with his aftermarket BWoody arms, not the stock ones. The stock arms shouldn’t contact it.

OP, did the install guy use the supplied bump stops? If you use the oem ones, you will hit the stops, as the supplied ones are half the size.

I’ve been running them for near 30k miles, at times fully loaded with 100lbs on a trailer hitch platform and have never hit the stops.

This is good feedback. I am definitely going to continue to pursue this with Eibach. My first call to them they suggested the wrong springs may have been in the kit. Part number on the spring matches part number on the instructions with the exception of a missing "F" on the springs.

According the Eibach instructions, the front bump stocks (not the issue in this situation) were included in the kit, and the rear bump stops require no modification.

You can see the Eibach instructions for 2018+ Trackhawks at this link: https://eibach.com/us/pdf/43419

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is good feedback. I am definitely going to continue to pursue this with Eibach. My first call to them they suggested the wrong springs may have been in the kit. Part number on the spring matches part number on the instructions with the exception of a missing "F" on the springs.

According the Eibach instructions, the front bump stocks (not the issue in this situation) were included in the kit, and the rear bump stops require no modification.

You can see the Eibach instructions for 2018+ Trackhawks at this link: https://eibach.com/us/pdf/43419
FWIW, I'm lowered on Eibachs and my rear sits ever so slightly lower than my front. Eibach tells me the jeep should be a level stance but we couldn't find the issue as my springs and bump stops were all correct according to their labels. It's not enough to bother me however I do get a rub every once in a while going over a bump at speeds over 35mph. Not sure if that's normal or not but I also have the tow package which adds a little extra weight in the rear.

·
Registered
266 Posts
FWIW, I'm lowered on Eibachs and my rear sits ever so slightly lower than my front. Eibach tells me the jeep should be a level stance but we couldn't find the issue as my springs and bump stops were all correct according to their labels. It's not enough to bother me however I do get a rub every once in a while going over a bump at speeds over 35mph. Not sure if that's normal or not but I also have the tow package which adds a little extra weight in the rear.
This is exactly the stance that mine sits.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My original install had the fronts in the rear and the rear springs in the front, which resulted in exactly as you guys describe.

Have we verified the proper springs in the proper locations? There is a F and R after each part number to indicate where they go.

Laying under the rear tire you should be able to see the part number on the spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine also is a slight bit lower in the rear than the front.

I did verify that the rear springs do in fact have the 'R' in the part number etched in the springs.

I talked with Eibach and they verified that the correct part number is installed and said, as the installing dealer did, that this is typical behavior for a lowered vehicle.

Dave (Eibach tech support) wondered if the programming of the shocks needed to be reflashed. Short conversation to verify the dial set to sport and track had a noticeable effect on the shocks and decided that was not the issue.

I asked if there were other springs that would fit our platform that might have a stiffer spring rate. He suggested I might like the SRT rear springs, same rate, but maybe as much as an inch higher ride height.

Now I am trying to decide how a little higher in the rear will look. Anybody else seen or hear of this?

·
Registered
555 Posts
As far as I know, I don’t think that it typical, don’t know what to say.

Have you measured the fender height and verified the rear is truly lower?

·
Registered
411 Posts
As far as I know, I don’t think that it typical, don’t know what to say.

Have you measured the fender height and verified the rear is truly lower?

Definitely not typical. Mine sits level, or even a little higher in the rear, giving it a very slight rake. No bottoming-out issues either, and I've had them on for awhile now.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
And tbh, from what I remember, the rear Trackhawk springs are not the same rate as the srt8 springs. I know an eibach rep told you that, but I’m almost positive that is not the case.

Before the TH specific springs were made available, more then a few guys installed the srt8 ones and said the rate were too soft and the ride was floaty/bouncy.

If you do a detailed search, I posted the spring rate specs of the srt8 and TH.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My original install had the fronts in the rear and the rear springs in the front, which resulted in exactly as you guys describe.

Have we verified the proper springs in the proper locations? There is a F and R after each part number to indicate where they go.

Laying under the rear tire you should be able to see the part number on the spring.

Yes, we (myself and my install shop) verified all correct labels. That said, I guess it's possible that Eibach mislabeled them from the factory but as it stands right now it really doesn't bother me so I'm not messing with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll be installing my recently purchased Eibach springs and was wondering if there was a way to sit the F and R springs side by side and know which should go where? In the case that Eibach may have mislabeled them. Should the front springs be a bit taller than the rear or vise versa?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, the rear springs have 8 coils to them and the fronts only have 6.

Rear spring is progressive
Front is on left in the box, rear next to it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, we (myself and my install shop) verified all correct labels. That said, I guess it's possible that Eibach mislabeled them from the factory but as it stands right now it really doesn't bother me so I'm not messing with it.

And that looks close to normal. If it is higher in front, it may also settle with some miles. Wouldn’t worry about that stance.

Love the color and lowered stance

1 - 20 of 29 Posts