Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:

My pro sprigs arrive today and they will be installed Saturday am. Question, anything I should let the installer know before installation based on anyone else experiencing certain issues in install, or anything to watch out for? I will have the allignment checked after but was not sure if anything other then this.

For those who have these how do they drive and anything that stands out other then the look of the truck, but more on the performance end?

Any insights appreciated, I'm excited to get them installed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine are being installed as I type. I am just hoping the ride is not too harsh. Sport suspension mode is good, and if that is what it feels like, then it will be great. But I'm a little nervous about it riding rough. Worst case is I put it back to stock, of course. Worth a shot, IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
one thing I can warn you about is the alignment. This is what I was "told" I personally dont know much about the subject. I was told with in speck doesn't mean its good. he went on to explain camber and other stuff that went in one ear and out the other. I had and used the Bwoody suspension kit and he said with out that kit it wouldnt be perfect. I might be in speck but not perfect. I wish I could explain more I just didnt pay that much attention. Hes the local guru alignment guy so I just let him set it how he wanted.
I would get the Bwoody camber kit at least its only $100 bucks. if you have extra cash to waste get the whole kit

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep... doesn't surprise me.

From what I've seen of guys posting their "after" alignment specs, it may be slightly out in the rear camber (which will create additional tire wear on the inside portion of the tread). Front _should_ be ok, but like your tech said... it may still not be perfect. A lot of that depends on what the user/customer wants.

Here's my thinking... even if it is slightly out or not perfect, as long as the vehicle tracks well and handles well, it shouldn't be a huge issue. These tires are going to be done after 15k miles anyway...regardless. So if there is a tiny bit of extra camber, if it doesn't adversely affect handling and drivability, then I'm not going to worry about it for now.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just be sure they know that the fronts and rears are different, don’t wanna put rears on the front or both on one side.
Yep... seen that happen too. I took some permanent marker and labeled the plastic bags the springs were individually wrapped in. LOL I do trust these techs, but after hearing of several stories of springs being installed backwards, I didn't think it would hurt.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I completed my install this past weekend. The look is better and probably what most of us are after. I haven't logged enough miles to determine handling, I know the trucks handling limitations have a lot to do with things other than springs, but I hope to address those in the near future. I am also looking forward to how it handles towing since lowered.

A few notes about the install I learned as I went through it all. Eibach does not supply directions so I used the MOPAR spring install directions to get all the torque specs needed. They also do NOT supply new nuts for the front struts. I had to get new ones, nylon fasteners should only be used once. Spring ends do not line up where the factory springs did exactly, just be sure to index everything before disassembly.

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts

From what I've seen of guys posting their "after" alignment specs, it may be slightly out in the rear camber (which will create additional tire wear on the inside portion of the tread). Front _should_ be ok, but like your tech said... it may still not be perfect. A lot of that depends on what the user/customer wants.

Here's my thinking... even if it is slightly out or not perfect, as long as the vehicle tracks well and handles well, it shouldn't be a huge issue. These tires are going to be done after 15k miles anyway...regardless. So if there is a tiny bit of extra camber, if it doesn't adversely affect handling and drivability, then I'm not going to worry about it for now.
I agree the tires are not gonna last long on this 5K pound beast,
the tech did tell me he purposely put negative camber in the rear (I think rear) he told me the degrees but I forget now. I pretty much just trusted his skill set. I bet most shops that do this know all the tricks and where the specks should be. I know if i did this everyday I would know all the info.

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
Be sure to use the supplied bump stops and not the oem ones.

Yep, my installer reversed the install with front/rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow what happens when the front is in back and vice versa? is it clear as day the difference? I wish mine was a lil lower all around but def the front needs 1/2 lower IMO and on stock wheels and tires. when I go after market I am gonna fill that gap all the way

·
Registered
582 Posts
wow what happens when the front is in back and vice versa? is it clear as day the difference? I wish mine was a lil lower all around but def the front needs 1/2 lower IMO and on stock wheels and tires. when I go after market I am gonna fill that gap all the way

Front sits higher, but rear looked perfect actually.

I agree, it could sit about 1/2”-3/4” lower.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Front sits higher, but rear looked perfect actually.

I agree, it could sit about 1/2”-3/4” lower.

I believe this would be very easy to do but would need to tried to be sure. For the rear spring you could remove the upper rubber mount and then replace with high quality rubber hose pushed over the last upper coil of the spring. For the front the strut would have to be taken to a machine shop to have a new groove cut into the body of the strut to lower it the exact amount the rear modification did. I would think that should bring it down 3/4"

·
Registered
412 Posts
RocketW19 is correct... the ride is great.

Just got mine back this evening. My son works as an accountant at one of the local FCA dealerships, and they are kind enough to give me employee pricing on service work, so I had them do the spring install and alignment. It got done at the very end of the day, so my son met me for dinner with it, and I returned his car to him. It sits _great_. Pictures do not do these justice ... I will post some comparo pics tomorrow, though. But it looks perfect in person. There isn't much rake anymore, but that's ok (although I do like trucks/SUVs with mild rake, as well). Best way to describe the look is "muscular." Given the TH really doesn't look much different than an SRT, lowering this thing really helps set it apart.

And the ride is great. I have zero complaints on a short drive this evening. I would say turn-in is more aggressive, so I can tell it will handle better (how much, I can't say, but I don't corner carve with this thing anyway). But as far as ride quality... really the difference on quality roads is imperceptible, so that is a very good thing for my tastes in driving experience.

Will start a thread tomorrow with pics and post additional info.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I agree with you on this.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There is a part number, part numbers contains F and R.

Rear spring also has more coils than front.

All of this basic info would have been really nice if it would have come from eibach in the first place ... lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if you look at those part numbers -- the endings are "FA" and RA - my guess is the FA is front and RA is back -- this sound correct? im gonna call them anyway, I dont want my truck there all day if they make a mistake on what goes where.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.