Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched high and low for a DIY on the Trackhawk for installing lowering springs. The best I could find was a nice video on how to for an SRT8. The rear are identical but the front struts are very different. I figured out how to do it and made a video to help others. They have been installed for a week and everything is perfect. No noise or chattering, no pulling. Just lower :smile2:

Still need an alignment - I’m waiting one more week. I’ll check in after then.

There may be a better way and if so, share!!!

So I can’t post a link due to post count - dumb rule....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hellhawked, where did you get your hawk emblem you put on your door?
I got it on Amazon, search for HellHawk. To be honest I’m pulling them off. They don’t look OEM which bothers me. They are laser cut plastic with sharp points and edges. I’ve ordered traditional Hellcat badges that I’m replacing them with. Also debating removing “supercharged” when I add the Hellcat badges.

If they were chromed with rounded edges and a more OEM style I’d keep them. They just look cheap as is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got it on Amazon, search for HellHawk. To be honest I’m pulling them off. They don’t look OEM which bothers me. They are laser cut plastic with sharp points and edges. I’ve ordered traditional Hellcat badges that I’m replacing them with. Also debating removing “supercharged” when I add the Hellcat badges.

If they were chromed with rounded edges and a more OEM style I’d keep them. They just look cheap as is.
Thanks for the information. They actually look pretty cool in the picture.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Still need an alignment - I’m waiting one more week. I’ll check in after then.

There may be a better way and if so, share!!!

So I can’t post a link due to post count - dumb rule....
How did the alignment turn out? How do you like the ride?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How did the alignment turn out? How do you like the ride?

They were able to get it within spec without any other aftermarket links or anything. It rides about the same, maybe slightly stiffer. If I could do it all over again I would have bagged it as springs, no matter which, don’t lower it enough for my taste. Plus it would be adjustable with bags - 10 time the cost though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
They were able to get it within spec without any other aftermarket links or anything. It rides about the same, maybe slightly stiffer. If I could do it all over again I would have bagged it as springs, no matter which, don’t lower it enough for my taste. Plus it would be adjustable with bags - 10 time the cost though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh wow not low enough? do you have 20 or 22 wheels? would the air bags hinder the launches these thing can do? weight transfer? parking and laying this out would be pretty cool though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
^^^^^I'd also like to know since this springs and wheels are probably my first mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts