Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Eibach Springs - Front Sway Bar

8K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  IvoryHawk OKLA 
#1 ·
New to the forum as I just picked up my new 2018 TH in October.

Recently lowered on Eibach Springs and have an issue. After lowering the front, the sway bar makes contact with the strut perch. I have attached a few pictures for some idea of what is going on.

Had anyone else seen this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
you have the special edition Trackhawk springs? are they installed correctly for example Front springs are in the front? Some have installed the rears on the front by accident. Have you checked the numbers on the springs in the front there should be an "F" in front of the numbers on the springs that denotes they are for the front. The rears start with an "R"

#6 ·
you have the special edition Trackhawk springs? are they installed correctly for example Front springs are in the front? Some have installed the rears on the front by accident. Have you checked the numbers on the springs in the front there should be an "F" in front of the numbers on the springs that denotes they are for the front. The rears start with an "R"

Yes they are. Made the mistake with a front on the rear when I put the first one in but caught it before connecting everything back up.

#11 ·
Something is definitely not correct.
Are those links oriented properly? It’s been a while, so I’m not sure, but something doesn’t look right there.

I’ll see if I can lean under the front and snap a pic of the setup.

And if remember correctly, the supplied directions for the bwoody links were wrong at one point. They had them installed upside down/backwards, but this was last year sometime. I believe they fixed the issue but ...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 · (Edited)
Yeah I have been in contact with Bwoody directly about it as well and they are trying to help me solve it. They are installed correctly (even tried every other orientation imaginable with no success).

No one I've spoken to has seen anything similar but going to try some longer links and see if that helps.

I did put in some quick fab 1/4 spacers to help roll the sway bar outwards. While it did help, still making contact on the driver's side unfortunately.

A couple of those pictures are upside down on my back which does add some confusion.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I believe your sway bar is improperly mounted

Had my mechanic snap a few pics as it’s on lift right now.
Your bar comes in over the top and is mounted to back side of bolt next to strut mount.

At least I think ... lol ... tough to say for sure as mine is on lift with wheels hanging.

#15 ·
Thanks for the photo. I'm not sure why my original photo got spun upside down but they are the same. I managed to find another local Trackhawk and just finished checking setup orientation. Everything is matching on the hookup (including sway bar mounting bushings on frame) and it isn't lowered.

Will just have to keep tinkering.

#17 ·
Aye, I see now, I turned my head home upside down ... lol

Is the link cocked to far into the strut member? Did it not rub before it was lowered?

I’d try jacking up both front wheels, loosening the link mounting bolts at the top, and place a jack under a tire to take some tension off sway bar. That might move the link into a better position.

#18 ·
I actually have very little clearance between the sway bar and lower A perch even when the truck is in the air (#0086). To get there links installed, I have to pry the sway bar away to line up the studs.

Once she is on the ground the links pivot the sway bar into making contact (#0088).

#24 ·
Well I have continue to work through this issue with no success. Eventually just took the front sway bar off for the time being.

One thing I noticed was the part number on my current sway bar is 68336463AA. When looking at parts, the correct version would be 68252204AD.

Anyone happen to know what the difference is/was and what part number is currently installed on their TH?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.