Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey RocketW19, I have been modifying suspensions for over 20 years for track days, those links you photo’d would break in one weekend. Is your TH at ride height? Or down all the way, that may explain the bad angle.
So now its 10 months after the install, how are they holding up? How many miles have you put on since the sway bar install. It appears from your photo you may had to draw them on with the bolts because the bushings look over torqued. Just wondering how all of this shook out. No need to get pissy with my post, just have some questions that may answer why Bgoody says they wont work when you have them installed.
you don't want me to get "pissy" then don't talk down to me. I don't care how long you been playing with suspensions "at the track" and I have no clue if these are right or wrong. I am telling you like the other D they are on and nothing has happened. nothing broke nothing drives funny period. ask the guy below my post JoHo he installed them and will know the suspension talk a lot better then me. he will also most likely put up with your better then me posts.

TH is lowered and I took it in the hills almost everyday back then, for a few months at least have not been in awhile.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Eibach rear swaybar does make a noticeable handling difference on the Trackhawk. The suspension rides perfectly fine, the Jeep rotates nicely around a corner and the rear feels very planted and controlled. Not once does it feel like it wants to oversteer or have the rear end come around unpredictability during aggressive cornering. I haven't tried to find the cornering limits, but on a less than stellar bumpy chip seal coated road with flat corners (no banking) the Jeep pulls .88g on stock 295 P-Zero tires without breaking a sweat.

I would recommend the Eibach rear swaybar to anyone who wants their Jeep to feel like a sports car. Oh and I still have the original BWoody sway bar links also. 🙊

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The Eibach rear swaybar does make a noticeable handling difference on the Trackhawk. The suspension rides perfectly fine, the Jeep rotates nicely around a corner and the rear feels very planted and controlled. Not once does it feel like it wants to oversteer or have the rear end come around unpredictability during aggressive cornering. I haven't tried to find the cornering limits, but on a less than stellar bumpy chip seal coated road with flat corners (no banking) the Jeep pulls .88g on stock 295 P-Zero tires without breaking a sweat.

View attachment 8494

I would recommend the Eibach rear swaybar to anyone who wants their Jeep to feel like a sports car. Oh and I still have the original BWoody sway bar links also. 🙊

View attachment 8495
View attachment 8496
You came close to pulling a G with a fat ass track hawk with stock tires on bad road. Id say something is def working LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
You came close to pulling a G with a fat ass track hawk with stock tires on bad road. Id say something is def working LOL
Hey, who you calling fat?😄

But seriously, I am impressed with how well it handles with some suspension upgrades. I always wanted X5M handeling with the instant torque output of say a Demon which is what it feels like. The larger rear sway bar really helps ballance out the overall cornering feel of the Trackhawk while also keeping good initial turn in of the front. I feel a larger front bar would upset this new found balance to where I don't think we need one.... so far.

I wonder what it would do on a freshly paved road with some banked corners and eventually moving to a 22" 305 tire setup.🤔

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey, who you calling fat?😄

But seriously, I am impressed with how well it handles with some suspension upgrades. I always wanted X5M handeling with the instant torque output of say a Demon which is what it feels like. The larger rear sway bar really helps ballance out the overall cornering feel of the Trackhawk while also keeping good initial turn in of the front. I feel a larger front bar would upset this new found balance to where I don't think we need one.... so far.

I wonder what it would do on a freshly paved road with some banked corners and eventually moving to a 22" 305 tire setup.🤔
I have the same set up as you BUT I also have 22s and 305 Pilot Super Sports. you will love the tire set up for sure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
For you guys that installed the Eibach sway bar, did you have to do any drilling to modify the holes in the sway bar or in the rear lower control arm?
I got my Black Ops end links and the stud size is too large for the hole.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Scottie.
I talked with Chad this afternoon and it sounds like Eibach changed to a smaller hole size in the sway bar.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts