Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Not sure I am going to get one or not, but lately, I have been thinking of getting the engine block heater. What started out as a "simple search" has turned into, yet another, finding a needle in a haystack. Do they not sell these as a kit? I am going to call the dealership tomorrow to see. For $100, I almost wish I would have ordered it from the factory.

Here is what I have easily found, the actual heater assembly itself - Engine Block Heater - Mopar (5149022AC) $55

What I cannot find is the cord. I am thinking any Hellcat cord "should" work, but looking to see if any of you can confirm? If anyone has this factory installed, is there a label with the part number on it? Here is what I have found on this part - Engine Block Heater Cord - Mopar (68186004AB) and fits Challenger & Chargers with the 6.2L. $125

Bolt - This appears in the picture of the heater assembly itself but cannot confirm nor find the part number.

There is a #4 in the picture below, but do not know what this may be.

Font Rectangle Auto part Pattern Line art

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
257 Posts
Hey all. Not sure I am going to get one or not, but lately, I have been thinking of getting the engine block heater. What started out as a "simple search" has turned into, yet another, finding a needle in a haystack. Do they not sell these as a kit? I am going to call the dealership tomorrow to see. For $100, I almost wish I would have ordered it from the factory.

Here is what I have easily found, the actual heater assembly itself - Engine Block Heater - Mopar (5149022AC) $55

What I cannot find is the cord. I am thinking any Hellcat cord "should" work, but looking to see if any of you can confirm? If anyone has this factory installed, is there a label with the part number on it? Here is what I have found on this part - Engine Block Heater Cord - Mopar (68186004AB) and fits Challenger & Chargers with the 6.2L. $125

Bolt - This appears in the picture of the heater assembly itself but cannot confirm nor find the part number.

There is a #4 in the picture below, but do not know what this may be.

View attachment 10195
Most of the cords I saw were the ones orange rubber round with a threaded nut like used on diesel engine. Call dealer to get part number to match heating element. Looks like exhaust has to be removed on drivers side manifold to install heating element into block.

Reactions: TrapHawk007

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most of the cords I saw were the ones orange rubber round with a threaded nut like used on diesel engine. Call dealer to get part number to match heating element. Looks like exhaust has to be removed on drivers side manifold to install heating element into block.

I was thinking that may be the case. I just installed the block heater cord on my diesel wrangler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts