Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are doing more and more of these TrackHawks we are now very proficient and our turn around time is getting better and better.

If you would like a tune only same day turn around. S750 package Call for an appointment

If you would like any of the S900 package 3 day turn around

If you would like the S975 package 5 Day turn around

And the S1025 is 10 day turn around due to the complex tuning for the flex fuel.

If there is anything that you may want that differs from this package feel free to send a pm or give us a call for an appointment and we will get you in and take care of all your performance needs.

Sincerely Scott

·
Registered
411 Posts
Scott, have you guys been able to use a "clone" PCM for your tunes, yet? I ask because I want to keep my OEM PCM with the stock tune, in case it needs to be swapped back in for any reason. Also, I'm not local, so sending my only PCM off in the mail is disconcerting. If something crazy bad is to happen, it would be my luck. :p

Thx.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Scott, have you guys been able to use a "clone" PCM for your tunes, yet? I ask because I want to keep my OEM PCM with the stock tune, in case it needs to be swapped back in for any reason. Also, I'm not local, so sending my only PCM off in the mail is disconcerting. If something crazy bad is to happen, it would be my luck. :p

Thx.
I assume this would be for warranty reasons, but wouldn’t the dealership know that it’s been tuned and modified even if it’s put back to stock for the dealer visit?

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
I assume this would be for warranty reasons, but wouldn’t the dealership know that it’s been tuned and modified even if it’s put back to stock for the dealer visit?
If the oem PCM is untouched, they wouldn't know it was tuned but obviously any change in hardware would be apparent if they looked. Additionally I believe it stores the odometer readings so they will be able to see that it was swapped out, just may not know why.

Its more than for warranty reasons though, or at least it would be for me... Any time you take a car in for any work, warranty or not, its possible the tech may update the software. So say I am out of warranty but there is a recall on airbags... I take the TH in for an airbag replacement but while the tech has it there they decide to update other modules. If they update the ECM I will lose my custom tune.

Other reasons could be for future diagnosing, should something go wrong, its often nice to have the original ECM available for troubleshooting.

Or say I get ready to trade the TH in or sale it, having the original ECM makes it easier to put back to stock.

Honestly, I could care less about the warranty, I rarely trust the dealer techs to work on my car and have often repaired things myself even while under warranty just to ensure other things aren't broken and the job is done right. Obviously there would be limits to that though and since I can't see the future, having the stock ECM on hand has always been a must for me.

Reactions: WA 2 FST
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thx.
The oem PCM'S are just not available as of now. I had one customer that was able to get one some how but we still need the factory PCM to take a read and program the new one so either way you still have to pull the factory PCM and send to us.

Most of the guys have answered about switching back and forth for a warranty issue. Obviously if you have pullies header's exhaust cold air kit and other hardware performance parts warranty is no good.

Hopefully soon we will be able to load files on a device and load through the OBD port. We are able to do trans tuning by sending you a laptop and you load the trans file in the vehicle a little tricky but once you do it once it super easy.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Hopefully soon we will be able to load files on a device and load through the OBD port. We are able to do trans tuning by sending you a laptop and you load the trans file in the vehicle a little tricky but once you do it once it super easy.
Just as a side note if you had not tried it but when I had my Crossfire tuned the company who did it was able to do it remotely through my personal laptop.

Basically I bought the cable and connected it from USB to OBDII, the company then used a remote control software program to take control of my PC, transferred the file first to the PC, then blanked my screen to load the actual transfer software and program the ECM...

Just something to consider that might be easier than shipping a laptop around and having someone run software they are unfamiliar with. Not sure what remote login software they used but there are plenty of options out there.

341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just as a side note if you had not tried it but when I had my Crossfire tuned the company who did it was able to do it remotely through my personal laptop.

Basically I bought the cable and connected it from USB to OBDII, the company then used a remote control software program to take control of my PC, transferred the file first to the PC, then blanked my screen to load the actual transfer software and program the ECM...

Just something to consider that might be easier than shipping a laptop around and having someone run software they are unfamiliar with. Not sure what remote login software they used but there are plenty of options out there.
Daniel thank you for the input. That is greatly appreciated we really enjoy a community that comes together to help every one out.

The problem with these new PCM's is they are locked and you have to unlock them first before you can do anything. On an older car such as your Crossfire those safety locks were not put in place.Granted the Crossfire took some finessing to tune it was way easier than these.

Believe me we are working on an easier solution compared to what we do now it will just take some time.

Again thank you for helping out in the community.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Daniel thank you for the input. That is greatly appreciated we really enjoy a community that comes together to help every one out.

The problem with these new PCM's is they are locked and you have to unlock them first before you can do anything. On an older car such as your Crossfire those safety locks were not put in place.Granted the Crossfire took some finessing to tune it was way easier than these.

Believe me we are working on an easier solution compared to what we do now it will just take some time.

Again thank you for helping out in the community.
No problem fair enough, was mainly referring to the comment about TCM and having to ship around a laptop, but even then, not sure that TCM without ECM is worth much for most anyway. Happy to help though, just tossing out ideas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts