Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever hear a slight "Clutch" sound when shifting from 1st-2nd under light throttle?

Here and there when driving around town i feel like i hear a very very light sound of a clutch engagement from the TC when my truck shifts from 1st to 2nd. Often times it comes when i am using ACC or like i said just driving the truck very easy. It's almost RPM based...like when the truck shifts from 1st-2nd at around 1700rpm.

It's subtle...i almost wonder if it's the exhaust reverberating into the cabin just based on the sound of the truck at that RPM before the shift.

I've hit the gas hard since to make sure it's not a slip or something and the truck is still angry as hell when i get on it from any gear. so i feel like there's nothing wrong. But i'm just curious if i'm the only one who hears this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probably line pressure. Line pressure is often tied to TPM percentage and with the light throttle you get less pressure and hence perhaps the clutch sound. If the temps are low and the car is peppy it's more likely IMO. Runs lean and mean.

HS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts