Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my trackhawk on friday and felt a vibration from 45mph up. Took it to my local Costco (because the dealer was closed) and had them balance the 4 tires. They said every tire was out of balance and they've all been 0'd out.

Ride seems better but i still feel a slight vibration.

I'm starting to think i just need to get used to the vehicle...but for the $ i'd figure the rig would ride pretty smooth.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Picked up my trackhawk on friday and felt a vibration from 45mph up. Took it to my local Costco (because the dealer was closed) and had them balance the 4 tires. They said every tire was out of balance and they've all been 0'd out.

Ride seems better but i still feel a slight vibration.

I'm starting to think i just need to get used to the vehicle...but for the $ i'd figure the rig would ride pretty smooth.
I have had no vibration at any speed (even at a hypothetical, alleged 135).

I know that there was a thread regarding the weights falling off. Were there any weights missing that you noticed?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had no vibration at any speed (even at a hypothetical, alleged 135).

I know that there was a thread regarding the weights falling off. Were there any weights missing that you noticed?
Not that i noticed...but i just had the tires re-balanced. So in theory they're good. Not sure. Maybe i just need some more seat time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just took a 30 minute drive. The vibration increases as the speed increases. It's frustrating. Taking it to the dealer on thursday. Hopefully they can sort it out.

I took it to Costco yesterday and they balanced the tires...but it's still shaking pretty bad. Sucks for a car with 250 miles on it.

Hopefully it's not a big deal. We shall see.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, that really stinks that it would be like this from the factory. There have been a few others who have reported the same issue... but I don't recall what was the cause of the problem.

What you describe is definitely not normal at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dropped it at the dealer this morning. My gut is telling me the tires have flat spots from it sitting through 2018. We'll see what they say.

·
Registered
267 Posts
rez i bet you are right. these are heavy cars and my Pirellis sat for 9 months and were for sure flat spotted, dealer balanced them twice and said enjoy even tho it was the same. got hellcat rep 22" because I have the basic silver wheels anyway, and put on nitto420 285 40 22. they balanced up way better but would flat spot every morning terribly! for like 2 3 minutes it would feel like a wheel packed with snow then it would smooth out but very strange to me. I warranteed those out for Pirelli scorpion in the same size and they are better. its my current setup. forged wheels from bc taking forever to show up! then will be running 305/35/22 in the MPSS on 22 Lb. wheels FTW. next upgrade is lighten up the rotors! stopping this thing feels like theres a trailer behind it!. I'm hoping the 50 Lb drop off of each wheel is going to feel like 1000 lb lighter of a vehicle..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine were out of balance. I Took it back to dealer and had them re balance. It was a little better but still a vibration. You can tell it's vibration just by looking at headrest on empty passenger seat. It shakes when driving 60+. It's not terrible and I believe it's just because the TH has runflats. Terrible tires for drive quality as the sidewalls are so stiff they become out of round when sitting for a while and never fully return like a normal tire would. At the cost of tires I'll wait until the tread is worn before I replace as shake is not unacceptable to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
I drove my car today for the first time in months thanks to the TH and the tires were way out of balance for about 20 miles so I guess they just got a flat spot from sitting that worked itself out.

If your TH has not/does not sit, then they should balance. If not then add weights. If they still won’t balance get jeep involved. My Jeep is nearly as smooth as the 14 limited it replaced and that had air suspension

1 - 13 of 13 Posts