Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share my bonehead move of the day. I was washing my baby and needed to dry the roof. I opened the drivers side door to stand on the floor and reach the roof. My heel leaned back putting pressure on the rocker panel (runs under both doors) and I hear a loud pop from all the fasteners breaking off the piece. Body place ordered replacement which has to be painted and $600.00 later I am back to square one! I know you can't stand on those pieces but this one is particularly weak in my opinion.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Holy cr*p, that sucks! Sorry to hear that, and thanks for the head's up. I will be more careful, for sure.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That sucks, I’ve got one too...I keep mouthwash in the center console, and apparently didn’t close it properly once before putting it back. Next time I went into the center console the alcohol from the mouthwash had eaten away at the felt liner. I thought I could just replace the inside lining plastic piece, but the dealer told me no, said I’d need to replace the entire center console, which is something like $500. I chose to live with it as is.

·
Registered
464 Posts
An expensive oops, but at least your console smells minty fresh.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just thought I would share my bonehead move of the day. I was washing my baby and needed to dry the roof.
The road in front of my local car wash has a 70mph posted speed limit, so I air dry mine. It's amazing how quickly the water is blown away at 70+>:)... But thanks for the info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
curious...after you use leaf blower...do u still use a towel to get any wet spots remaining..or does it do the job completely...
tired of drying the TH with 2-3 towels..tia

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
I did ceramic pro on mine and once I’m done washing and rinsing, I pull it into the garage and hit it with the leaf blower. After that, I have a beach towel sized microfiber that gets the last of water. I also use a foam cannon when I wash it, makes it so easy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have used a leaf blower before. Many car washes use something similar. I would make some sort of filter if I did it again. I hate the idea of dirt particles traveling at 120MPH crashing into my paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts