Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wondering what people are paying for extended warranties and what plans they are going with. How much room is there to negotiate these plans down from the retail list price?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Max Care 6yr 75k was $2300 for me. Negotiate it for sure, they tried to hit me for $5300. Be curious to see what others paid...

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Compare to here: chryslerfactoryplans. com (Zeigler)

Use code DPACIFICA for $365 off.

For example,

8yr / 125K would be $2695

or 6yr / 75K is $1210

Reactions: Ermint

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max Care 6yr 75k was $2300 for me. Negotiate it for sure, they tried to hit me for $5300. Be curious to see what others paid...

I was told that they are required to sell it at MSRP to Florida residents. Seems strange for sure, that Florida would mandate something like this.

I was quoted $2240 on an 8 years / 60k miles term, with a kick back of $200 since they need to sell it at MSRP. So basically 2k for an extra 5 years since we already get 3 with purchase. $400/year doesn’t seem bad at all for years 4-8 on an SUV with this much power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Paid $1640 for max care 8/85 $200 deductible at dealer

Just mention the store in MI that sells on-line at a 20% and they will price match

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can purchase the extended warranty through “Chryslerwarrantydirect.com”. I showed this to the dealer that had a cost of $2285 for the max care 8yr 100k warranty. Which is pretty much a bumper to bumper plan. Of course normal wear items like belts, tires and brakes are not covered. The dealer told me his cost was $1985 and did not know this website even existed for consumers. He matched the price so I purchased it at the time I bought my Trackhawk. It’s a great piece of mind to have a warranty of this length.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In Florida there are regulations in place on automotive extend warranties but it only pertains to the maximum amount they can charge. They are free to charge less. It’s like the rack rate at a hotel. That is the maximum amount they can charge but are free to charge less.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm debating with myself if I should or shouldn't - my TH is tuned and I'm not sure what this would cover that they wouldn't negate due to the tune.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm debating with myself if I should or shouldn't - my TH is tuned and I'm not sure what this would cover that they wouldn't negate due to the tune.
I would check with your dealer 1st. On certain issues, they have to show that the modification you did caused the failure. So basically, if you install a cold air intake and your rear differential goes out there should be no issue with the warranty. A retune with the computer could be a different story.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got a 100k mile warranty from dealer after I had several issues for around $2500.00. When I called FCA they said it retailed for around 3k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a dealer in MI that sells MPP Mopar Protection plans at near cost. All the Jeep JL owners use him, me included. For the TH i was quoted 2060 for 5yr 125k miles.

He is super fast for sending the documents out and the hard copies. Great easy person to deal with
Tom Winkels
Hayes Jeep
Kalamazoo, Mi 49001

269-488-2080

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought the MaxCare today.
6 year-125k mile
dealer quoted me $4175
mopar web site $3665
Tom Winkels-Finance Manager-Hayes Jeep $2485

(asked the dealer if they would match it...nope, but would come down to $3285)
2018 with 17,300 miles.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought the MaxCare today.

6 year-125k mile

dealer quoted me $4175

mopar web site $3665

Tom Winkels-Finance Manager-Hayes Jeep $2485

(asked the dealer if they would match it...nope, but would come down to $3285)

2018 with 17,300 miles.

That’s a darn good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a dealer in MI that sells MPP Mopar Protection plans at near cost. All the Jeep JL owners use him, me included. For the TH i was quoted 2060 for 5yr 125k miles.

He is super fast for sending the documents out and the hard copies. Great easy person to deal with
Tom Winkels
Hayes Jeep
Kalamazoo, Mi 49001

269-488-2080
I went with Tom Winkels for my Max Care warranty, his prices were better than both the websites and the dealer offer.

Had Max Care on my SRT WK2, and got a nice refund check when I sold it with 30K miles left on extended warranty.

Mr. Winkels was a pleasure with whom to deal, would recommend !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts