Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle
Hood Sleeve Font Automotive exterior Rectangle
So I have a set of trackhawk calipers that I have that where going to go on my grand Cherokee. I’m giving the car to my son and I am no Longer going to put them on They have never been mounted and I have new pads to go with them. They need to be refinished. I own a powder coating shop and can refinish them in any color. I was wondering if people would be interested in these and I would do a core swap/charge. I can refinish them in any color and when you get them you can send yours back to me. Let me know what you guys think, and what these would be worth.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very enticing proposition, Hmmm. I've seen used caliper prices go from $800-$1800. What would your powder coating option add to them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on what color I would say 250-350 for powder. I was looking to get 1500 for them with pads as they are

·
Registered
73 Posts
What would you charge to coat them in black with yellow Brembo lettering with the core replacement? Mine are in excellent condition (12,600 miles). Hell, I may only have a chip in one or two of them at most. I've been debating doing it myself as I have a son that powder coats but this could be just as easy if it's not too expensive. Feel free to PM me if that's more suitable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What would you charge to coat them in black with yellow Brembo lettering with the core replacement? Mine are in excellent condition (12,600 miles). Hell, I may only have a chip in one or two of them at most. I've been debating doing it myself as I have a son that powder coats but this could be just as easy if it's not too expensive. Feel free to PM me if that's more suitable.
BTW, I already swapped my pads for Powerstop pads so I would not need those. I threw the Brembo pads away since I knew there was NO CHANCE I would ever put them back in. I'm too much of a clean freak and those pads are way too messy. : )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, I already swapped my pads for Powerstop pads so I would not need those. I threw the Brembo pads away since I knew there was NO CHANCE I would ever put them back in. I'm too much of a clean freak and those pads are way too messy. : )
I can do 1200 for the calipers powder coated black. I recommend doing the brembo part in high temp vinyl after they are coated. Doing them in powder would leave a edge and not look great, or would
Require a couple coats of clear to bury the logo and make them smooth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts