Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the plant that produces the Trackhawk is shutdown for the chip shortage?
I think that the Trackhawk is made at the North Jefferson Assembly Plant and this does not show up on the plant shutdown news releases. I was hoping to have my Trackhawk order placed tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
I work in the semiconductor manufacturing business (chip maker) and all of the factories in Texas took pretty hard hits with that ice storm we had. The factory that I support is still not fully recovered. Does anyone know who supplies the chips that are in low supply? Not everyone knows that it takes about a month of 24/7 manufacturing to produce a chip and if anything goes the slightest bit wrong anywhere along the way, you have to start over from scratch (most of the time).

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
That’s not good news! :cautious: I ordered my 21’ on Tuesday. I was told 12-14 weeks.
I ordered mine in November 2020.
It's been tortuously slow. This was as of 3/30/21:

"As we continue to monitor your vehicle order, we see that the unit should be moving onto the build cycle soon.
We aim to keep you updated along the way."

Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That’s not good news! :cautious: I ordered my 21’ on Tuesday. I was told 12-14 weeks.
Just curious (cool avatar name btw...better than trackhawk)...what did you order? Color, options....may also be rude to ask what you paid, but curious on that too. I didn't order one back in 19...just bought from dealer in SoCal. Grey with all the options...wasn't picky. Just wanted one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious (cool avatar name btw...better than trackhawk)...what did you order? Color, options....may also be rude to ask what you paid, but curious on that too. I didn't order one back in 19...just bought from dealer in SoCal. Grey with all the options...wasn't picky. Just wanted one.
Thanks! such a long saga behind ordering a new one! I bought an 18 used from a dealership billet grey fully loaded in Raleigh. Drove it home with a dealer tag. Took it back for emissions/ inspection. Fail. O2 sensor! tried for 500 Miles and every trick in the book to cycle reset. No go. Long ish story short, they bought it back, and ordered me a new one for invoice. Only option I had to have
Was the upgrade on the stereo. Cause that was badass, the only other thing I needed is what’s under the hood. ( duh) I picked the mono grey color “sting grey”
91k out the door.
not a bad deal. Paid 84k for the used 18!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welp I hope you like waiting because I'm on week 21 and still only in D1 stage. So the build still has not even been started yet! They keep telling me they have the vin number but refuse to give it to me haha! All I can say is good luck! If nothing else your dealer probably bought it back to sell it for more haha.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I don't like waiting either. I'm on week 30. The last 3 weekly updates were:

"As we continue to monitor your vehicle order, we see that the unit should be moving onto the build cycle soon."

Prior to that the 2 previous weekly updates were:

"As we continue to monitor your vehicle order, it remains in the same status. However, we do not see that a VIN has been assigned to the vehicle.
Your VIN is 1C4Rxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

Prior to that the initial message was:

"I am excited to learn of your all-new 2021 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE TRACKHAWK that you have ordered and happy to assist you with providing you an update.

Currently your vehicle is being sequenced for production."

So that's 6 weeks of telling me it's not being built, preceded by 24 weeks of not being built.

I wonder if this vehicle will actually be built.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welp I hope you like waiting because I'm on week 21 and still only in D1 stage. So the build still has not even been started yet! They keep telling me they have the vin number but refuse to give it to me haha! All I can say is good luck! If nothing else your dealer probably bought it back to sell it for more haha.
Your dealer should give you your VIN number if they have it. If they won't give you the VIN, get the VON and contact Jeep Customer Service to get your VIN.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine February 19 and just moved to D1 status with a ship date of May 3. We'll see how accurate that ship date is or if I end up in D1 purgatory for the next 3 months. I'll update as I hear more.

And the Chicago-area dealer provided me with VON and VIN the day after I placed the order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine February 19 and just moved to D1 status with a ship date of May 3. We'll see how accurate that ship date is or if I end up in D1 purgatory for the next 3 months. I'll update as I hear more.

And the Chicago-area dealer provided me with VON and VIN the day after I placed the order.
Don’t get to exited I ordered mine 12/28/2020 the ship date has changed twice first 2/1 then 4/17. I hope you are the patient type because it might be awhile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if production has started again? I ordered my TH on 1/27/21. I’m going into my 13th week. My Hellcat took 7 weeks to build. 13 weeks is getting a little excessive. I’ve called SRT support and they are all over the place with the status. 1 week it’s in I status, the next week it’s back to D1. I’m eager to get this over with as I’m trading my Jeep SRT in but I need to keep it below a 1000 miles, to keep the trade in value. I’m at 850 right now. Is there anyone that has inside knowledge or is there anyone that can check on the status of my build if I give them the last 8 of the VIN?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Does anyone know if production has started again? I ordered my TH on 1/27/21. I’m going into my 13th week. My Hellcat took 7 weeks to build. 13 weeks is getting a little excessive. I’ve called SRT support and they are all over the place with the status. 1 week it’s in I status, the next week it’s back to D1. I’m eager to get this over with as I’m trading my Jeep SRT in but I need to keep it below a 1000 miles, to keep the trade in value. I’m at 850 right now. Is there anyone that has inside knowledge or is there anyone that can check on the status of my build if I give them the last 8 of the VIN?
Production has definently started. First vehicles came out in mid-Feb., but it's been a trickle. Mine was ordered Nov. 2020 has had VIN for 6 weeks. This is as of Tues.: "Currently, your vehicle has remained in the same status preparing for the build stage. The factory is awaiting all needed parts to begin the build process. "
Seems some are lucky enough to order from dealer and have build begin right away.
To get status contact dealer or Stellantis Info Center (SRT Hotline).

·
Banned
391 Posts
I’m eager to get this over with as I’m trading my Jeep SRT in but I need to keep it below a 1000 miles, to keep the trade in value. I’m at 850 right now.
Could be worse, I sold my two "daily drivers" and have a 3-month wait, if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New to the forum. I ordered 4-13 and dealer told me yesterday 4-22 that my trackhawk was in paint already. That seemed very odd, so he gave me the VIN# and I called Stellantis and all she would tell me is that it was being made? Seems strange considering all the delays I have heard about. When I placed the order I figured if it came by September I would be happy. I did try to verify with the SRT hotline#1-248-553-4566 Thanks to smiley47's tip. It went straight to voicemail. If they don't call back I'll try Monday.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
New to the forum. I ordered 4-13 and dealer told me yesterday 4-22 that my trackhawk was in paint already. That seemed very odd, so he gave me the VIN# and I called Stellantis and all she would tell me is that it was being made? Seems strange considering all the delays I have heard about. When I placed the order I figured if it came by September I would be happy. I did try to verify with the SRT hotline#1-248-553-4566 Thanks to smiley47's tip. It went straight to voicemail. If they don't call back I'll try Monday.
You are the chosen one. How do I get on that list?😫

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your dealer either has some serious pull with the factory or they are feeding you line. I ordered mine 12/28 last year and it just got built last week and it's sitting at the Jefferson North plant waiting to be shipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree that's why I tried calling stellantis. I'm not sure what they would possibly get from giving me BS? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts