Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update, dealer called yesterday said it should be delivered this Monday the 24th through the Thursday 27th. It seemed that Jeep may have waited till they had enough orders to manufacture them at the same time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! such a long saga behind ordering a new one! I bought an 18 used from a dealership billet grey fully loaded in Raleigh. Drove it home with a dealer tag. Took it back for emissions/ inspection. Fail. O2 sensor! tried for 500 Miles and every trick in the book to cycle reset. No go. Long ish story short, they bought it back, and ordered me a new one for invoice. Only option I had to have
Was the upgrade on the stereo. Cause that was badass, the only other thing I needed is what’s under the hood. ( duh) I picked the mono grey color “sting grey”
91k out the door.
not a bad deal. Paid 84k for the used 18!
I

·
Registered
653 Posts
Lil Hemi: Very informative and interesting. Answers a lot of my questions. Thanks for posting!

What part of the process are you involved with?

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
Lil Hemi: Very informative and interesting. Answers a lot of my questions. Thanks for posting!

What part of the process are you involved with?
I work in one of those clean rooms, wearing the silly outfit. As the video mentions, the process is almost completely automated. I work on some of the machines mentioned/pictures in the video. I actually supported the Global Foundries factory here in America (upstate NY) about 8 years ago. I’m basically a mechanic for these large machines, some the size of a large U-haul truck. I work for a manufacturer of capital equipment (the machines) used in the semiconductor manufacturing industry. I act as an expert and go between the customer and our factories in Japan. The customer has their own people that do the day to day maintenance and light troubleshooting but they call me in when they cannot figure out a problem or they need an answer directly from our factory. I’ve worked for or supported all the big manufacturers in America over my career like Global Foundries, Intel, Samsung, Micron and Texas Instruments.
It’s interesting work, no two days are alike and there’s always a problem needing fixing.

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
No pockets usually, they’d collect stuff and cause particle issues. Every factory is different though, even if it’s the same company on the same campus. There are different rules for different sized wafers as well. The video was a modern 300mm factory, this is the largest diameter anyone has successfully high volume manufactured at but they started out much smaller. There are still plenty of smaller manufacturers out there still using the 200mm wafer though.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Familiar with the cleanliness protocol. Just wondered if you could sneak some out, to help the vehicle production.
This is the one time I wish I had a chip on my shoulder. Then I could donate it for the cause.

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
Ah, gotcha. You wouldn’t believe the security at the factory that I currently support. It’s a lot like going through TSA every single time you come into or go out of the building. It wasn’t like this a few years ago but security keeps getting tighter and tighter.
I was in Phoenix at an Intel site site about 10 years ago when somebody phoned in a bomb threat to the factory that was under construction next door. You would definitely not want to be anywhere near or upwind one of these factories if they ever did have a catastrophic fire. Lots and lots of very nasty chemicals required to make semiconductors.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Oh, I can imagine that security isn't lax. Just changing your password on Amazon these days takes more that it used to get onto a commercial flight.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts