Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick media diary of my trip across America with my new black TH..

Car at pickup, thanks again to the staff of Rossi CDJR dealership in Washington NJ.

No more, black and red key fob...I actually like it better with the more modern Valet function to limit engine power.

Lexington, Virgina

....The gun and the Hawk

West Virginia

...in the middle of a forest a McDonald's LOL (it is an optical illusion from the freeway)

Un piccolo villaggio nel West Virginia

Kentucky...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A photo tour of our car in a rest area in Kentucky....the incessant rain has taken its toll, no longer squeaky clean...

"The Briefcase".....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parigi in........Kentucky

Indiana

Illinois

No visit to Elvis, going north....

Missouri

St. Louis Missouri

Il Gateway Arch closed because of COVID...so just pictures from outside

Paddlewheel boats along the Missisipi

The famous Ted Drewes frozen custard on Route 66 outside of St. Louis

Heading west towards the prairie states...

Jefferson City Missouri, dinner at the Texas Roudhouse, in the parking lot not one Prius in sight LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strange sightings....

A Model 3 in Nebraska....this is the only Tesla that we encountered from Missouri (outside of St. Louis) all the way to Salt Lake City in Utah...

A Jaguar E-Type in tip-top shape in Nebraska!!!

A very different Cadillac from my CTS-V....an abandoned rare 1969 Calais....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The endless prairies

Entering Nebraska

Wyoming

Lunch in Cheyenne

Summit Pass, Lincoln monument between Cheyenne e Laramie, 8500 feet asl....nice to have a FI engine ;D

Miles and miles of road work on I-80 in Wyoming

Utah

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Videos...

Leaving Cheyenne

A gas station literally int he middle of nowhere for miles and miles

Towards l'Utah

Dire Straits keep me company as my wife takes a nap...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Leaving Salt Lake towards Western Utah occidentale the big lake on our right.....Bob Seger "Roll Me Away".

Endless freight trains....

A freight train going who knows where....it seems appropriate to play "Lonesome Train" by J.J. Cale.

Paying my respect to the great Terry Kaith, his "Tell Me" was one of the most magnificent ending of a cult movie of the 1970s, "Electra Glide in Blue" shot south of here at the border with Arizona.
Similar scenery, interminable stretches of straight roads, arid rocky mountains against the wide blue yonder...

Getting close to the Bonneville Salt Flats...

Arriving at the Bonneville Salt Flats, Rascal Flatts in the background with their "Life is a Highway".

At the end of the tarmac....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pay my respect to the Gods of speed...

Nevada

Chasing the ghost of Kowalski, another 1970s cult movie, driving along the same Hwy 93 outside West Wendover where he met the naked girl on a bike. The engine of our car is the "spiritual" successor of the mythical Hemi 426 Elephant powering Kowalski's Challenger (in reality several shots were taken with cars powered by the 383 and the 440 Magnum).
Obviously the musical background is "Where Do We Go From here" by Jimmy Walker, part of the movie original soudtrack.

Finally, we turn north...

Bye Bye Nevada, Idaho here we are.

The beautiful gorge on the Snake River outside Twin Falls

Oregon, home is getting closer...

On the Blue Mountains, Oregon

Deadman Pass I-84

Crossing the Columbia River into Washington

Driving along the Yakima Canyon, Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Hemi 6.2 Hellcat roar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From Ellensburg to Cle Elum on the old Hwy 10 along the Yakima river.

Almost home, the beautiful Snoqualmie Pass music provided by Blues Traveler.

Entering Seattle.......... "Coming Home" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Home Sweet Home!! I immediately washed and treated the front of the car which did become a bug graveyard....

Final tally....3631 miglia (5842 km) beautiful trip, something we all should do few times in our life.....happy as a clam I did....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Funny I was down in Natural Bridge, VA 2 weeks ago and hit a few restaurants in Lexington. Looks like a great trip. I wanted to take my TH out to Utah but I had to much going on at work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice journey and photos.

Did you happen to see the Evel Kneivel ramp near the Twin Falls Gorge? If you look out past the bridge, you can see it in your photo I believe. I was in the Air Force, stationed at Mt Home AFB, ID while in and know that whole area (Boise, Nampa, Twin Falls, Mt Home, etc) like the back of my hand

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice job and a great trip! Thx for sharing the pics and your journey!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well done, almost felt I was on the trip with you. Did something like that in 1982 for our honeymoon, may have to try it again in the Hawk.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great adventure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
that was fun thanks for sharing!
you are brave to own a TH and CTS-V in Seattle!

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful hawk and nice pics 👍. I literally did a similar drive in mine last month. Houston Tx - San Ramon ca- Seattle Wa (Tukwila) back down to Beaverton Or back home to Houston lol. Was the most fun and 7k milesin the shortest time span! Enjoy ur ride. I had a 18 ctsv v3 too but mine was white diamond and I replaced it with my Zl1 which I recently sold and replaced with a 17 Z06.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts