Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's cause for celebration because Jeep CEO Mike Manley has confirmed that the Hellcat Grand Cherokee is going to happen, and soon.

Thanks goes out to auto journalist Brian Makse who asked Mike Manley bluntly, "can you put a Hellcat motor in the Grand Cherokee?" To which Mr. Manley replied, "not only can I put a Hellcat motor in [a Grand Cherokee] for you, I'm going to bring to market by the end of 2017." You can see the Q&A for yourself in the video below.

This Hellcat powered Grand Cherokee will likely be called the "Trackhawk". That name was trademarked by Jeep back in 2014.

We also had some indications that this was coming in the past. Jeep reportedly confirmed a Hellcat Grand Cherokee to dealers in August of last year. There were also reports that this model would be able to go from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, which would make it faster than the BMW X5M.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/news/a27886/jeep-grand-cherokee-hellcat-confirmed-2017/

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's great that the journalist got him on VIDEO! It's coming!!!!!!
It seems so strange that Mike would tell this little known journalist seemingly as reaction to a question. Usually announcements like that are much more deliberate.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's what I thought as well but typically they're careful to say things like that. Which has me thinking this is a soft way to release that info.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some type of strategy to get the info to stick around longer in the press? Or perhaps he knew the announcement was happening so he just said it? Will we ever know???

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's what i'm thinking since it gets people talking, it did after all get us to talk about it. Comment sections on blogs have been getting good feedback.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It reminds me a bit of when VP Biden said he supports gay marriage, and then a few days later Obama had to say he believes in it as well.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Keeping this automotive... they know people are always connected to the web and know a good portion of the market for a vehicle like this tend to be engaged in news and communities. Once auto blogs report... it just runs viral to the audience it has to get to.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For sure. Can't wait to see more about it from now till then. Maybe a few months leading up to its release we'll finally see it entirely.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Although FCA hasn't really set their product debut dates in stone recently. It seems that every so often they recalibrate whatever plan they announced month before.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that the norm of the industry? It seems to me that FCA broadcasts plans unlike other brands which makes it seem as though they are doing worse when they make changes to the plans in comparison to other brands. Other brands may make changes, but they don't have to announce them because they never set out a five year plan a few years earlier.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For some brands its the norm for others it's not. I guess it all comes down to how they think their marketing approach should be in comparison to others, as you can imagine there's a lot of people calling shots over what should/shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For some brands its the norm for others it's not. I guess it all comes down to how they think their marketing approach should be in comparison to others, as you can imagine there's a lot of people calling shots over what should/shouldn't happen.
I haven't seen 5 year plans for other companies that are public. Have you?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not while they're in the process of R&D, usually after they'll tell you, but at times its not easily found.

On average though it takes about 5 years to take a vehicle from idea to production.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Although we might not get our hands on them till then, there is the chance to see them at shows and events leading up to us finally taking delivery.

·
Registered
599 Posts
No doubt.
Best thing we can do right now is get ourselves familiar with models they already have out, the Hellcat Challenger and Hellcat Charger. At least then we walk into this with better expectations.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts