Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update! Today a second dealer, who I've replicated this with, worked with FCA and now is saying they can't touch it and that the "process" of the star article I posted works. However, it does not, and I can prove it.

----I tried setting up a ride along to prove this and they will not let me.----

They're actively blocking me from exposing the issue to them and claiming there is no issue...because they won't let me show them. THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!

I called to open yet another case after they closed my case for no reason again without resolution!

UGH!

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
They are COMPLETE garbage! They revoked my entire warranty and are refusing to fix trim pieces because I modified the engine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Couple interior pieces in the cargo area and one of the fender flares rubs the door panel.
Not sure why an engine mod has anything to do with the rest of the vehicle. I get them voiding warranty work on your engine/transmission because of your mods, and I suspect your ok with that, but the rest of the vehicle should remain under warranty as anything else, especially trim pieces, have nothing to do with your mods.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
The dealership keeps calling me to “talk to me” about the status of the trim panels. Since I already know what they are going to say, I’ve asked the service manager to respond via email. Once I have it in writing that they’re violating the Magnusen-Moss act, I’ll take it to the local news.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The dealership keeps calling me to “talk to me” about the status of the trim panels. Since I already know what they are going to say, I’ve asked the service manager to respond via email. Once I have it in writing that they’re violating the Magnusen-Moss act, I’ll take it to the local news.
Feel free to include me and this thread in there! I'm sick of this ****!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
FCA was supposed to call me back twice and never did. I have since opened a case with my state's Attorney General.

I don't know what else to do.

Next up is every news outlet possible to get FCA to hear that this is not okay.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A few years ago, I saw a roadside billboard very near a particular dealership basically calling them incompetent crooks. I think it was a Chevy dealership in this case...

I don't know the story of what happened but the billboard stayed up for about six months. Maybe it worked....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
A few years ago, I saw a roadside billboard very near a particular dealership basically calling them incompetent crooks. I think it was a Chevy dealership in this case...

I don't know the story of what happened but the billboard stayed up for about six months. Maybe it worked....
See if it was the dealer's fault I'd be all for it. However this is FCA forcing the dealer's hands.

That is hilarious though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
For me something similar warranty related with an 85’ Azimuth, Azimuth didn’t want to address a gelcoat fading color mismatch issue so I hired a banner towing service during the Miami boat show at that time and that sure did catch their attention and got my gelcoat fixed pronto lickety split.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
has anyone tried the easy small claims court? take the dealership to small claims court. involve all the big wigs at the dealership it will get fixed for sure. no way they want to goto court but to bad they have to unless they settle before the date and IMO they will.

Or take the hard way and hire a real lawyer costing real money. you possible can win some damages out of it that way?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
has anyone tried the easy small claims court? take the dealership to small claims court. involve all the big wigs at the dealership it will get fixed for sure. no way they want to goto court but to bad they have to unless they settle before the date and IMO they will.

Or take the hard way and hire a real lawyer costing real money. you possible can win some damages out of it that way?
It's not the dealer though. FCA is the issue.

I might have to rent a banner truck at a big event like the fella above did.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
In my case I think the two are playing off each other. Dealer says FCA invalidated the warranty. The issue is, they invalidated it based in this dealerships claims that I’m highly modified (which still doesn’t affect trim) and this Ahole that told FCA that was telling me that he recommends going to Hennessy. The dealership should be the one on your side, explaining to these people at FCA the situation but they won’t, they just hide behind company policy. I think we should all exchange information and call each other’s case workers and make a complaint. If we work together, we stand a better chance. I’m also going the complaint with state attorney general and local news.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Im tellin ya who wants to goto court? NO ONE take their butts to small claims and that will get fixed fast. I get it you have to goto the courts file all the paper work etc but you want it fixed thats one way with out spending alot of money. other way get a lawyer but thats gonna cost you

21 - 40 of 69 Posts