Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Update!!!

I spoke with FCA again today. This time with someone very senior, Bryan. He was a tremendous help and an example, like Lisa, of someone who actually cares and is a person.

He even had audible frustration over this and expressed that he was frustrated reading through the cases. It ended off where essentially they only have so much they can do within their processes given to them and their layers of management.

They are considering this out-of-scope for buyback/lemon as they see an "in service date" of March 2019.
"As advised in our conversation FCA and MA requirements for a Lemon Law case creation require initial creation within 1 year or 18000 miles of the "In Service Date" which for your vehicle was [3]/1/2019."

Also they said a case was not opened until after 3/1/2020.

Funny thing is:
A. I didn't purchase this vehicle until July 2019
-AND-
B. I've contacted them a plethora of times and had many cases open before 3/1/2020. The case that they were referring to was opened before 3/1/2020 and simply didn't get "escalated" until after supposedly. Even more interestingly I've had at least 3 cases "escalated" to that very dept since I purchased the vehicle.

Even more funny (straight from mass.gov site):
Vehicles within the “term of protection” — 1 year or 15,000 miles of use from the date of original delivery.

I feel awful for these folks who work for FCA as I can't be the only one they have no choice but to live with while FCA corp continues to act careless, negligent, and unethical above their pay grade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear it man. Clearly it's going to take multiple people suing the **** out of them to even have a chance of making them budge. Sad state of affairs at FCA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update!!!

I spoke with FCA again today. This time with someone very senior, Bryan. He was a tremendous help and an example, like Lisa, of someone who actually cares and is a person.

He even had audible frustration over this and expressed that he was frustrated reading through the cases. It ended off where essentially they only have so much they can do within their processes given to them and their layers of management.

They are considering this out-of-scope for buyback/lemon as they see an "in service date" of March 2019.
"As advised in our conversation FCA and MA requirements for a Lemon Law case creation require initial creation within 1 year or 18000 miles of the "In Service Date" which for your vehicle was [3]/1/2019."

Also they said a case was not opened until after 3/1/2020.

Funny thing is:
A. I didn't purchase this vehicle until July 2019
-AND-
B. I've contacted them a plethora of times and had many cases open before 3/1/2020. The case that they were referring to was opened before 3/1/2020 and simply didn't get "escalated" until after supposedly. Even more interestingly I've had at least 3 cases "escalated" to that very dept since I purchased the vehicle.

Even more funny (straight from mass.gov site):
Vehicles within the “term of protection” — 1 year or 15,000 miles of use from the date of original delivery.

I feel awful for these folks who work for FCA as I can't be the only one they have no choice but to live with while FCA corp continues to act careless, negligent, and unethical above their pay grade.
Bryan, is this ResumeSpeed? He’s active on the other forums. Or, at least was. He’s the go to guy that everyone seems to have luck with. Hit him up on the srt or [email protected]!!cat forums.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Bryan, is this ResumeSpeed? He’s active on the other forums. Or, at least was. He’s the go to guy that everyone seems to have luck with. Hit him up on the srt or [email protected]!!cat forums.
It's possible, however, he was more or less getting a sense they're auto-denying this and it's way too far above his and his manager's head/circle of influence to help.

Meanwhile I'm here stuck.

This is ridiculous, as a customer who paid them my hard-earned money, that I have to sit through this with a clearly broken vehicle.

I even finally managed to catch a video of it downshifting using the upshifter paddle as it was doing it nearly every other shift the other day:

This is the most frustrating thing in the world. F*ck FCA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
It's 88 degrees out today and FCA still hasn't done anything! Still have a broken vehicle that's losing value that nobody in their right mind would buy...that I'm paying for!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
As much as I generally dislike getting lawyers involved, I think at this point that's your only option for getting anything out of FCA.
As state-led mediation has not worked I'm filing for state-led arbitration once I finish the application.This stuff is insanity. I really hope FCA doesn't respond to them and end up owing me multipliers. I also am seeking ways to peg them for not issuing a TSB or recall for the paddle shifter issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Still need to send in the state-led arbitration form. Been too busy. Nothing back from NHTSA. Nothing from FCA.

They don't care about anyone, their sanity, or their safety. All they care about is your money. Truly a scumbag company.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Sent out the paperwork to MA for arbitration! Now to scan and print copies of everything they need for supporting docs. Should be fun.

They have a one page "narrative" section. I think I need like 10 pages to get my frustrations out properly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Delivering all the paperwork this week! Really wish I knew about this before "mediation".

All of this is such a PITA for a clearly faulty vehicle.

You'd think a company you gave almost 6 figures to wouldn't be so stingy and just gross. It'd be one thing if they actually tried to fix the issue(s), but instead they give you the run around like Comcast technical support and then do nothing but waste your time and in some cases make things worse.

This is literally driving me insane. I'm so sick of this consuming me and my life.

It's sucked the fun out of cars for me completely to the point where when people ask me "what are you going to get next, an Audi again?" I have no response or have even contemplated just getting an Impreza or something simple like it.

I never thought I'd be reduced to being one of those people who complains online behind a keyboard. Usually I post all good reviews, stand behind products I buy and applaud people/businesses who do spectacularly- but there's literally nothing else I can do.

I resent FCA and always will.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Update:
Lemon law papers are complete and in the hands of MA state, ready to go!

I've told FCA this is their final chance to make things right before we officially submit at 5pm tomorrow.

Very different tone on the phone this time. We'll see if I receive a call back. Otherwise the submission will commence!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My lemon law (In Mass. too) took about 3 1/3 months to get done w Ford. What a terrible time that was!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
No reply from FCA in the timeframe given, application is in and accepted!

Taking bets on FCA trying to battle this...

A customer who bought a ~$100k vehicle that spent 40 days in the shop and has 8 out of 15 issues still outstanding vs corporate greed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went down this road three times with GM. A 2008 Z06 was a Lemon buyback, 2009 CTS-V we settled with a lawyer, 2017 CTS-V was headed that way when I dumped it for the Hawk. I haven't had any issues with the Jeep and have been treated very well with the servicing dealer. I can say I learned a lot of the lemon law and Magnuson Moss act with GM. I've sworn off GM for any of their garbage anymore. The 17 V with two transmission flushes, CUE system going wild, electronics failing, engine smoking like diesel when cold and all I got was "It is a performance vehicle so it will run like that". Had that in writing from the dealer and GM Tech. Good luck on the battle with FCA. I found in Indiana, a lawyer works because when you win the manufacturer also pays the attorney fees. They like to settle way before they get to that point.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts