Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve had my s1025 kit installed for a while and there have been recalls and ecm updates since the kit was installed. I’ve always had my local dealership pause on the updates because I didn’t know what would happen.

Are there any other Livernois package owners who have had updates done safely? Any recommendations about what I should do?

·
Registered
59 Posts
What does the recall / update fix?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s been a while since I’ve last remembered but if I remember it was a transmission reprogram

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you not have any specific issues and are happy with it, I would leave well enough alone...…...
This for sure. Keep the TH away from the dealers unless absolutely necessary.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
I would not let dealer flash my trans or motor specially if you are having no issues. Call livernois and ask them though dont listen to us. seriously when something goes wrong your gonna call livernois so get their advise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Last I was in the dealer, they asked if I had any special programing done to mine, I told them no, so the service advisor asked if it was okay to flash a trans update, which I said no problem. I asked what it was fixing, he said something along the lines of shifts not happening correctly at low RPM's. I would assume, given you're tuned anyways, having a dealership flash anything would not be good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do not let the dealership flash your Hawk like others have mentioned. Your transmission already has a performance tune to match your engine package that you don't want to loose.

I have the same s1025 kit and have talked with Livernois about this. Your engine PCM is now on a different operating system as Livernois developed their own OS for their tunes and more specifically their flex fuel tunes that the dealer very likely cannot get into the bootloader to update the PCM anyway.

But if they could and did overwrite your PCM tune you will have a useless vehicle you cannot start or drive now as the stock tune is not calibrated for the much larger ID1300x injectors and you would be filling your cylinders with way too much fuel. So now you either have it towed to your house or push it in a corner and leave it at the dealership. Then you would have to pull the PCM and send it back to Livernois to have your tune reflashed before you can start your Hawk again, at a cost of course.

After all that you would have to again get a remote transmission calibration tune from Livernois from either their shipped laptop or you would have to buy their new My Calibrator touch controller (again at a cost) and reflash the transmission yourself with a tune they email you.

Keep in mind that this is all dependent on when your PCM was tuned if this option is even available to you or not. Mine was an early 2018 s1025 build so my PCM will not accept local tune updates from a handheld device as they did not exist back then. I would need to pull my PCM and send back to Livernois to get their latest OS uploaded to accept tune upload from such a device.

This is the route I am going to go (purchase a my calibrator touch) very soon once I stop driving my Hawk for the winter months. I want the ability to upload emailed tune updates myself and use the My Calibrator touch as a data logger (like many do with a Diablo device) all without a need to carry a laptop.

Sorry for the long answer but I have been talking to Livernois about this topic recently.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Do not let the dealership flash your Hawk like others have mentioned. Your transmission already has a performance tune to match your engine package that you don't want to loose.

I have the same s1025 kit and have talked with Livernois about this. Your engine PCM is now on a different operating system as Livernois developed their own OS for their tunes and more specifically their flex fuel tunes that the dealer very likely cannot get into the bootloader to update the PCM anyway.

But if they could and did overwrite your PCM tune you will have a useless vehicle you cannot start or drive now as the stock tune is not calibrated for the much larger ID1300x injectors and you would be filling your cylinders with way too much fuel. So now you either have it towed to your house or push it in a corner and leave it at the dealership. Then you would have to pull the PCM and send it back to Livernois to have your tune reflashed before you can start your Hawk again, at a cost of course.

After all that you would have to again get a remote transmission calibration tune from Livernois from either their shipped laptop or you would have to buy their new My Calibrator touch controller (again at a cost) and reflash the transmission yourself with a tune they email you.

Keep in mind that this is all dependent on when your PCM was tuned if this option is even available to you or not. Mine was an early 2018 s1025 build so my PCM will not accept local tune updates from a handheld device as they did not exist back then. I would need to pull my PCM and send back to Livernois to get their latest OS uploaded to accept tune upload from such a device.

This is the route I am going to go (purchase a my calibrator touch) very soon once I stop driving my Hawk for the winter months. I want the ability to upload emailed tune updates myself and use the My Calibrator touch as a data logger (like many do with a Diablo device) all without a need to carry a laptop.

Sorry for the long answer but I have been talking to Livernois about this topic recently.
I think I am going to get the calibrator also.
only reason I have not already got it is I want my guy to come out with a flex tune if he does I will jump ship. I just like the flex tune way to much its perfect for me

·
Registered
573 Posts
There is a trans flash to address low speed issues and also a cruise control issue flash for 2018’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I’ve had my s1025 kit installed for a while and there have been recalls and ecm updates since the kit was installed. I’ve always had my local dealership pause on the updates because I didn’t know what would happen.

Are there any other Livernois package owners who have had updates done safely? Any recommendations about what I should do?
I don't know what kind of tune you have but mine cranked me up to about 950 horsepower and if they would flash the computer they warned me it would take the tune off the car and the motor could blow if the car is hammered. You may want to check into the repercussions of having your computer flashed by the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts