Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2.5 years of drooling over these vehicles I finally bit the bullet a couple weeks ago. With the threat of possibly no 2021 Trackhawks and inventory dwindling to nothing, I had to make a decision.

I found a nicely equipped Slate Blue about an hour away. They were willing to discount (4%) while other dealers were 0% discount. With the current state of car sales and lack of inventory, I thought that was about as good as I was going to see. At the time, there were only 24 total sitting on the lots. Some of them were Demo with 2-5K miles as well, so inventory of 0 mile cars was extremely low. My only must have option was to have the full leather package which was only on about half of them. This one came with the full leather, tow package, panoroof/audio, and the titanium wheels. The wheels look great against the silver trim of the jeep. However, I don't think it looks great against the yellow calipers. I may try a pair of black wheels to not clash the yellow so much.

Talking to a couple dealers the order books were closed and they had no idea if they would open again. Heard rumors of no 2021 since the Durango Hellcat and Ram TRX may use up all available engines. So not wanting to chance it I am now the owner of a Slate Blue Trackhawk.

I have put 200 miles on it so far (most of it was the drive home) and I am really digging the car. It's extremely comfortable and the power off idle is just stupid. I am not new to high hp cars, but this vehicle launches like no other and I haven't even put my foot into it too much. I think the All Seasons will be replaced soon with some sticky summer tires.

I leased a 2020 X3M. 500 hp. It would run circles around the Trackhawk on the expressway. However, the around town driving dynamics and off idle acceleration were absolutely horrendous. The car was so stiff that it was not enjoyable. The tech was amazing and the fit and finish were excellent. This is where the Jeep obviously falls short. We have quite a few FCA vehicles so this was nothing new to me. However, the endless amount of power off idle is what I was looking for. The X3M could not provide that, despite having 500 horsepower.

After picking up the TH I terminated the lease on the X3M and got into an M340i with X drive. I now have a great daily driver, along with a very enjoyable quick suv that doesn't break my ribs over rough roads.

I hope that Jeep brings HUD and 360 cameras to the Grand Cherokees. After using them on my BMW those are the only features I really miss. I can easily overlook them with the 707 HP though :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I like the Slate Blue too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts