Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting to get one since the rumors arrived years ago. I finally found a loaded one 3 hours away in Albany NY for I thought to be decent price at Denooyer Chevrolet. 27k off Original sticker with 13k miles. Truck was driven by a women who worked for FCA corporate so I'm the first real owner. I traded in my 2016 SRT for the TrackHawk last Saturday and it was gorgeous out, super sunny not a cloud in the sky........perfect weather to inspect a car right??? WRONG. I show up at around noon to check out the Trackhawk. It appeared to be in decent shape few nicks hear and there so I go ahead with the deal. I drive her home and once the sun goes down I notice the rear door to quarter panel paint surely does not match. I immediately messaged my salesman with my concern. It appears both rear doors where repainted poorly. The drivers side match is far worse. What blows me away is it's not / barely noticeable in direct sunlight. After a week of waiting for the sales manager to get back to me on returning the vehicle he said once you signed the contract it was yours. He's trying to go after the Auction / Auction inspection company but I doubt it will go anywhere.

·
Registered
412 Posts
:( Yeah, that is definitely noticeable in the pics.

It's probably a very difficult paint to match... no excuse for that, but it may be one of those colors that is nearly impossible to blend correctly. Hopefully they will do something for you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ya, that doesn't seem right, keep fighting with the dealer and ask to speak to the FCA Zone rep. If it was factory paint = warranty claim, if it was after market then get the dealer for not disclosing prior damage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, that doesn't seem right, keep fighting with the dealer and ask to speak to the FCA Zone rep. If it was factory paint = warranty claim, if it was after market then get the dealer for not disclosing prior damage.
The dealer is stating they had no idea. They said that the carfax and auction inspection report they went by was clean. I might try and go by a Jeep dealer and see if they will do something with the fact it was owned by FCA until it hit the auction. I know the dealer didn't paint it and that the respray was done a while ago as whomever had this must of washed it at a brushed car wash as it had tons of swirl scratches everywhere. I spent 4 hours with the buffer removing most of them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The dealer is stating they had no idea. They said that the carfax and auction inspection report they went by was clean. I might try and go by a Jeep dealer and see if they will do something with the fact it was owned by FCA until it hit the auction. I know the dealer didn't paint it and that the respray was done a while ago as whomever had this must of washed it at a brushed car wash as it had tons of swirl scratches everywhere. I spent 4 hours with the buffer removing most of them.
Interesting that it was at auction with only 13K miles - why wouldn't a dealership sell it on their lot as opposed to get bottom dollar at auction? For $3K you can wrap it with a bada** color which would only run you around $2,500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You think $2500 for a nice paint job? I was guessing more like $5k.

I bought a 18 stormtrooper but I really love the Sting Grey and a similar BMW color. Was thinking about just re-painting but not sure of cost.

Interesting that it was at auction with only 13K miles - why wouldn't a dealership sell it on their lot as opposed to get bottom dollar at auction? For $3K you can wrap it with a bada** color which would only run you around $2,500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whoops, just saw you said “wrap”, not paint. Unfortunately wraps aren’t a good fit for my climate.

You think $2500 for a nice paint job? I was guessing more like $5k.

I bought a 18 stormtrooper but I really love the Sting Grey and a similar BMW color. Was thinking about just re-painting but not sure of cost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
$3000.00 is about right to repaint & blend both sides. Just get it done and save you receipts. You could try to file in small claims court. If you live in NY I think you can sue them locally where you live. They may want to settle to avoid going to court.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I highly doubt that was a demo car from an FCA rep. Also they aren't going to get anywhere going after the auction company because most have a finite time for things like that and it is usually within the same day of delivery to the dealership. An overcast day is the best day to see any imperfections.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The plot thickens. I think your best route would be a warranty claim.

Like an idiot I didn't take a picture of the original title (certificate of origin) :( I just got the truck registered yesterday so I will definitely be going by my local Jeep dealer to get this documented for a claim. I highly doubt they will do anything but it's worth a shot. When I originally contacted FCA when I found the paint mismatch I tried to see if they had any info about a repaint but since I wasn't the registered owner in the system they couldn't give me any info. My buddy saw in the FCA system there was a claim put into FCA on the day I contacted them for a “after sales complaint”.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts