Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a call from a dealership I'm dealing with to buy a new 2019 white Trackhawk. Days ago the salesman tried the usual trick to try to get me to put some money down to "lock the car" because there were people "very interested" in it ready to make a deal..I told him to go ahead, if they could sell it, my loss.
Obviously the buyer was not there (or never existed in the first place) so today he tried to get me to drive down there and see the car (my wife does not think she likes the TH in white, we both would prefer red, black or gun metal metallic gray like our current Grand Cherokee SRT).
I told him we should first agree on the price before driving for almost 200 miles. I offered 83K (car stickers for 99K) and even willing to sell my SRT privately. He called me after one hour and said that the manager told him they could not do it for that amount and no counteroffer. So this is my first failed attempt but I know that my offer is reasonable (there are 2018 going for high 70k right now) so I will keep looking and maybe as the weeks pass they will realize that they will have to play ball, their car is only getting older. I'm not in a rush but sure it would have been nice to pick a new TH tomorrow.

I will keep you posted!!!

·
Banned
362 Posts
Maybe he'll allow you more on your SRT than you think. I know I got more on my trade (2018 TH for a 2019 TH) than I expected. I had to drive about 200 miles too.... That was not a big deal for me. Of course if you really don't like the color, then it's probably not worth chasing it.

They may have had a buyer for my 2018 TH since I know it was sold in less than a week so maybe that's why I got such a good deal on my trade-in.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
You are buying a $100K vehicle. I would not even consider my 2nd choice of color...buy the color you like or you will never be happy with the TH regardless of the deal..just my OP...
Kinda true. I want Red also but the White with Red Interior and at the time the deal they gave me I could not pass. I wish it was red but not loosing sleep over it. If mine had black interior I might be not have been able to live with it lmao.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the "new" TH's are not gaining value as they sit. Will probably be a good decade until they do. Who has more patience? You or the dealer?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a Trackhawk too. I had no idea 2018 models would still be sitting on lots. Two questions for members please:

Is there any difference between a 2018 and 2019 or even 2020 that I should be aware of?

What kind of deals are people getting in terms of % of MSRP on 2018s? 2019s? 2020s?

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking about buying a Trackhawk too. I had no idea 2018 models would still be sitting on lots. Two questions for members please:

Is there any difference between a 2018 and 2019 or even 2020 that I should be aware of?

What kind of deals are people getting in terms of % of MSRP on 2018s? 2019s? 2020s?

Thanks!

There is a difference between 2018 and 2019 in the finishing of the center stack, from MY 2019 on the main plastic has a shiny piano black finish which looks definitely more upscale and the navigation screen is less recessed which gives the impression of being slightly larger....someone told me that some electronics are updated as well (maybe someone can confirm on here). Personally I would not buy the first year model of any car.

2018 (loaded) are starting to be offered advertised in the mid 70K by some dealers, few loaded 2019 are already advertised in the upper 80K, other dealers expect to sell them with very little discount over the 2020...good luck to them.
I'm holding firm in my target to get a left over 2019 (with the leather package, upgraded stereo and sunroof) in the low 80s, I have patience and time is on my side.

Some are getting their TH ordered for 7-8K off MSRP.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have an 18 and bought it new as a left over in 2019. No issues with the vehicle. You want to pay as little as possible for our trucks when you buy no matter what the year they do not hold value whatsoever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been contacting dealers about 2018s still on the lot. Most have them priced mid 80s and higher. I have been offering high 70s and low 80s, basically $20k off MSRP. They act like I'm crazy but there is no way I would pay more for a 2018. As soon as I buy one at $101k MSRP it is worth low 70s at this point in 2020.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The 2019 and 2020 models have the race cool down feature programmed into the performance pages that the 2018 does not.

Other than that and the center stack, the three years are identical beyond maybe a few new colors in 2019 and 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Agreed. THs are not good investments. 98% of new cars aren't. Some suck more than others. A lot more.

I buy what I love, for the best deal I can get at the time (without going nuts about every last dollar) and then drive and enjoy the vehicle. When the time comes to sell it, I take a day to complain about the lost value, then man up and get it done.

Life's short. Many cars are fast.

I buy as many fast cars as I can afford to fit into my lifestyle.

That's just how I think. But I'm older than most of you and I don't have a lot of decades left.

Reactions: PBGas

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been contacting dealers about 2018s still on the lot. Most have them priced mid 80s and higher. I have been offering high 70s and low 80s, basically $20k off MSRP. They act like I'm crazy but there is no way I would pay more for a 2018. As soon as I buy one at $101k MSRP it is worth low 70s at this point in 2020.
You want to talk about crazy?? I just contacted a dealer that is asking 88K for a 2019 demo with.......drumroll.....20.000 miles on it. I saw no point in discussing further about the other TH they have in stock since they are so clueless. 82-83K is my my firm offer, take or leave it, for a 2019 optioned the way I want it (leather package, premium sound and sunroof).

One guy that refused my offer told me "I will keep you in mind if you are still on the market at the end of the year if we cannot sell ours", I replied "Yes but I'm not going to offer you 83K for it by then.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There is a thread somewhere on here with deals on THs in different states & dealerships. When I was looking for a leftover, new '18 I found a decent amount of demos that they were asking close to full price. And almost all of those dealerships did not mention on their website that they were demo vehicles with 6k+ miles on them. I pretty much searched the whole east coast, harassing dealers from Florida to Massachusetts until I found one that would play ball on a pretty much fully loaded, new '18 with 75 miles on it. After some back & forth I got them to take over $20k off MSRP so I paid slightly over $75k before taxes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's sad that so many of the left over 2018s have been demo'ed. That just about guarantees these have been mistreated, not broken in properly, and passed around to everyone and their dog at the dealership for cheap thrills. I would definitely NOT buy a demo Trackhawk--no way!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts