Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car gear shift is locked in neutral position, and is flashing N. Car won't switch off. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to fix it at all?

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
oh wow no never seen or heard of that before. how did it get stuck in N? where you on it hard and trans went in limp mode? try and force it to P of coarse not crazy hard

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have noticed if the hood, trunk or door is open it will flash and not let you move.

·
Super Moderator
1,676 Posts
I know there’s a mechanism to put it in neutral even if it’s in park, probably different than this scenario though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was towed to dealership yesterday for them to diagnose. Had to pull up the manual neutral lock mechanism to get it moving and to switch off the car. Should here back about it today. Not sure how it happened, the car wash guys went to move it while they were washing it, next thing it was dead.

·
Registered
464 Posts
There's your problem: Car wash guys. THs are programmed to rebel at the sight of anything but a hand wash.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was towed to dealership yesterday for them to diagnose. Had to pull up the manual neutral lock mechanism to get it moving and to switch off the car. Should here back about it today. Not sure how it happened, the car wash guys went to move it while they were washing it, next thing it was dead.
This happened to me back when I got mine. I had it at the tire shop as the dealer gave me 4 new Pirellis as the stock ones were flat spotted. It was in the showroom for a long time and wasn't moved at all. They put it on the 4 point hoist while in neutral. They do this so that they can move it a slight bit so that it lines up better with the hoist. If you work on cars you would understand what I am talking about.

The tech went out of the Jeep while it was running and had the key fob with him. The vehicle must have gone into a security mode thinking it was car jacked or being towed. I remembered reading in the manual about the emergency lock strap that you pull for when it needs to be towed. Took the rear flap by the centre console off and there it was. Pulled it and was able to get it back into park and turn it off. Reset and all was fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts