Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List your mods, hp, how it's held up, and most importantly if your car is a DD or weekend car.

I'm trying to figure out the safe spot to mod given that my truck is a DD. i don't need all the power in the world but of course i want to have as much fun as i can while keeping the vehicle generally reliable. Every car has that point of safety...but for the TH i'm really not sure where it is. My truck is driven 365 days a year in every type of weather and will always be on 93.

Thanks in advance. I figure this thread will gather a lot of good info if people choose to contribute.

My truck is a year old. 14k on it. I have a catch can on it and i just ordered a JLT Intake and Incognito Pulley. I figure i'll run it that way for a year or so and then look into an upper pulley, injectors, and tune.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
FCA is notorious for voiding warranty’s ! The ENTIRE thing, not just the powertrain. I’ve got trim pieces documented at delivery to be defective and now that I put S1025 package on, they won’t fix anything at all. This will definitely be my last FCA product.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Plenty of guys run the 2.85 litens pulley for DD hellcats and trackhawks.

Power so much isn’t the limiting the factor for DD, fuel is, and the general consensus is that the 2.85 diameter is the “safe” limit for 93 octane fuel. If that’s available in your area, that’s probably the max you should be looking at.

And to add, there are also tons of modded power guys who have zero issue with getting warranty work done for non drivetrain problems. It’s dealer dependent and your relationship with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Once FCA flags the vehicle it’s no longer up to the dealership and you are totally boned. I’ve never heard of a car company treating clients like this.

·
Registered
582 Posts
All car companies do it. It’s not a action limited to FCA. Audi/VW started much of this 7-8 years ago with their TD1 flag OBD scan.

Tune a C7 Z06 and GM will void your entire warranty quicker then you can say FCA.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
I’ve confirmed that they never even plugged into the jeep. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and mine is that refusing to fix trim and interior stuff because the engine has been modified is nonsense. Especially when this was documented soon after delivery. Go on FB and see about some of the other cases of warranties they are refusing to honor. One guy hits the upshift paddle and it downshifts, FCA is refusing to look at it. He’s not even modified. To me this behavior seems like a violation of the Magnuson-Miss warranty act.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I’m not saying it is right what they have done. I agree 1000% it’s BS.

My point is, they all do it, not just FCA... BMW, Jaguar, Ford, GM, Audi and MB... everyone of them.

And it’s not an automatic hassle for all even when they are modded.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Never happened with Mitsubishi and I’ve done lots to my Evos over the years. I’ll be making a formal complaint to the state attorney general and be calling the local news to see if they have any interest in investigating. I’m encouraging others from around the country to do the same. Maybe if enough of us band together and call them out on their BS, something will happen. FCA wouldn’t be the first giant company to knowing and willingly break the law, VW and Wells Fargo come to recent mind.

If that truly is how all car manufacturers are doing business these days then what’s wrong with warning people about it? I can only speak to my experience and FCA is the only company I’ve ever had an issue like this with. Technically I shouldn’t have to be getting these pieces fixed under warranty because it should’ve never gotten past QC but a lot of people have had QC problems. Again, not issues I’ve ever had with Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
582 Posts
And like I said, there are a lot of guys who haven’t had this issue with FCA either.

Much of what happens is dealer dependent.
But I think we’ve crapped up another thread discussing this again, so I’m out...

·
Registered
220 Posts
On my DD TH I’ve been running a Demon blower now for 12k miles with no issues, I have the thermal blanket and spacer plates from FI on it, a DDR CAI and UPR catch cans. With an increase of 3psi boost I Dynoed it and gained 78hp, 93 octane with stock tune, something similar to what the Incognito will put out except this cost me a ton more mula :smile2:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why did my thread turn into a warranty discussion?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FCA is notorious for voiding warranty’s ! The ENTIRE thing, not just the powertrain. I’ve got trim pieces documented at delivery to be defective and now that I put S1025 package on, they won’t fix anything at all. This will definitely be my last FCA product.
At what point did i say anything about the truck's warranty? What was the point of this post?

I also just went back and realized you're a Mod on this forum. Seriously? Go cry about your warranty in your own thread.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did the S1025 package not bought through Livernois. I ordered all the stuff myself and and my local tuner installand tune. I run with Meth Injection not E85. I need to add the Trans tune next as I believe there is a little horsepower gained with the RPM's running over 6K. Regardless no issues in the 5k of driving no codes, no side effects (yet). I would do it again 100%. I really dont care about the warranty my local tuner and performance shop can fix whatever goes wrong. This is my daily driver and there is not another truck or car I would want in place of the trackhawk since I have modded this. Figured I would put us back on course with this thread...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did the S1025 package not bought through Livernois. I ordered all the stuff myself and and my local tuner installand tune. I run with Meth Injection not E85. I need to add the Trans tune next as I believe there is a little horsepower gained with the RPM's running over 6K. Regardless no issues in the 5k of driving no codes, no side effects (yet). I would do it again 100%. I really dont care about the warranty my local tuner and performance shop can fix whatever goes wrong. This is my daily driver and there is not another truck or car I would want in place of the trackhawk since I have modded this. Figured I would put us back on course with this thread...

Great post. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
List your mods, hp, how it's held up, and most importantly if your car is a DD or weekend car.

I'm trying to figure out the safe spot to mod given that my truck is a DD. i don't need all the power in the world but of course i want to have as much fun as i can while keeping the vehicle generally reliable. Every car has that point of safety...but for the TH i'm really not sure where it is. My truck is driven 365 days a year in every type of weather and will always be on 93.

Thanks in advance. I figure this thread will gather a lot of good info if people choose to contribute.

My truck is a year old. 14k on it. I have a catch can on it and i just ordered a JLT Intake and Incognito Pulley. I figure i'll run it that way for a year or so and then look into an upper pulley, injectors, and tune.
S1025 - FI interchiller - SC spacers and blanket - Cat delete and Flex tune.
Daily driver

I do not know what a incognito pulley is but I would not add a pulley unless you tune it. Unless cash is a issue jump all in from the start you will pay for the same thing over and over if not. I have done that to many times already didnt with this one.
I would get a flex tune for sure running E85 is like adding NOS. when I go from 91 to E85 its amazing. it burns super fast so DD sucks but HP is plenty. you have 93 might not be as obvious like the 91?
with the flex tune you have more room for error at the gas station. people are saying e85 is not e85 and 93 is not 93 with the flex tune it will adjust. I mix 91 and e85 for DD these is no way the gas should be a issue. When I did mine everyone was talking about the gas being bad so I came up with the mix to be safe keep me in the middle.

main thing is pick the right tuner do not go for the best deal to much HP one silly mistake and boom by by motor.
I had serious issues with Livernois for awhile until someone gave me Andys email. after emailing him all is good and I am super happy with everything. If you do not get Andys Email do not buy Livernois the customer service is that bad. If you get his info your golden.

plenty of other tuners also. dont you live in Sacramento? if so you need to talk with Josh at OverKill he can do installs and he can have you tuned by the main HPT guy or who ever you want. I do not think he does flex yet but when he does I will swap to him. at just 93 your good to go.

I dont know what else to add sorry I tried to cover everything I could.

·
Registered
211 Posts
2018 currently with 7,500 miles, modded at 2,900 miles, no issues since modding, just smiles ….... it's a barrel of monkeys to drive !

This is my "out of town" and "weekend warrior" car.

Livernois S975, JLT cai, SW mid pipe cat delete, Power Stop z23, TBR strut bar

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine is a daily driver. Just about a year old 23,000 miles. The motor has about 11,000 miles on it. 426 making 15 lbs of boost and 845 WHP on 93 octane.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts