Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a lot of dealer inventory I tried to buy a 2018 or 2019 Trackhawk with a trade of my 2018 Jeep SRT to take advantage of year end rebates and incentives. I was able to get some good pricing and trade values but unfortunately not at the same dealers as their overall bottom line relies on both to get a drive out price. Worked hard but nothing as of January 2 when incentives expired. I checked on Thursday to see what pricing was out there and found a dealer in semi-rural Texas with a great offer and was able to get an acceptable trade so I bout a 2018 white one with black signature leather, black wheels, audio, sunroof, compact spare and 3 season Pirelli P Zero tires. A nice ride which makes me smile when it fires up. Will be good times ahead.

With the Trackhawk our 2016 CTS-V has been relegated to baby brother and daily driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats man ! Welcome to the club, although I feel odd saying that because you have been on here since January - I know just lurking...

I almost got a white TH but ended up with my usual vehicle color - black.

Your garage looks awesome. I heard those V cars are kinda fast lol. You on the ctsvowners forum?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats man ! Welcome to the club, although I feel odd saying that because you have been on here since January - I know just lurking...

I almost got a white TH but ended up with my usual vehicle color - black.

Your garage looks awesome. I heard those V cars are kinda fast lol. You on the ctsvowners forum?
I preferred the Silver or Gray but could not pass up the deal for a white one. Every time I buy a black vehicle I say never again as great looking when clean but it only seems to last about 30 minutes before getting dirty. Note the Caddy is black so I did not listen to myself again.

Yes on the CTS forum but I do not read much there. There is a very active V3 Owners FB page with lots of posts every day. Vehicle mods are popular much more so than for Trackhawks. The car is fast enough for me stock and 2WD makes traction a challenge. However good fun on quiet country roads.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Congratulations on your new fast ride! And welcome to the TH Forum.

Reactions: JohnTexas

·
Banned
362 Posts
Btw, where in Texas? I’m in ATX n I’ve only seen one other TH around.
North Houston. Have not seen any on the road but lots at dealers!! Last year Hennessey had one at local car shows.

Seems to be several other Texas TH owners on this board (including me) but none of us seem to be very near each other to just meet and grab a beer. That's not surprising for a state the size of Texas. I've had mine a year now and haven't seen another TH on the road yet. Maybe they are going by too fast. >:) Someday maybe a few of us can meet at some track event here in Texas (like maybe the Texas mile)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the supercharger club. Why didn’t you just get a TH out of the gate instead of the 2018 SRT?
When I bought the SRT there we not many Trackhawks around and all were quotes of sticker or above. Was happy with SRT but due to oversupply prices were competitive for Trackhawks and I wound up with an offer I could not refuse so made the upgrade. More horsepower is always as good thing.

·
Registered
695 Posts
When I bought the SRT there we not many Trackhawks around and all were quotes of sticker or above. Was happy with SRT but due to oversupply prices were competitive for Trackhawks and I wound up with an offer I could not refuse so made the upgrade. More horsepower is always as good thing.
I hear ya on the ridiculous asking prices, not sure how many actually bit on those though. My local dealer, where I’ve been going for service for years now, quoted me 25k over MSRP the week it was released. I laughed in their face and told em they were f..ing morons, that I could buy it at dealer invoice, but was willing to give them the biz. They weren’t interested, they obviously didn’t know the market as well as I did. So I walked out to my srt and called a dealer on my short list - I had a deposit put down on their only allocation at dealer invoice within maybe 15 minutes. And keep in mind I’m still sitting in my srt in the parking lot of the dealer that just quoted me 25k over! That was a savings of well over 30k. The deal was waiting for me in my email inbox by the time I got home to sign and email back.

Those original asking prices were comical, I feel bad for anyone that bit on it. That was just pissing away money, there were lots of rural dealers that would’ve loved selling their only allocation before it got pulled from them on day 5 post release. I’m sure you ended up with an even better deal than I did, which again was primarily due to all of these bozo dealers not understanding the market. Because without all of this excess inventory that were ordered on spec that they couldn’t sell, these never would’ve been priced so low to liquidate them. Congrats on being patient and waiting it out. Now drive it like you stole it, cause it probably feels that way to the dealer that sold it to ya! :grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear ya on the ridiculous asking prices, not sure how many actually bit on those though. My local dealer, where I’ve been going for service for years now, quoted me 25k over MSRP the week it was released. I laughed in their face and told em they were f..ing morons, that I could buy it at dealer invoice, but was willing to give them the biz. They weren’t interested, they obviously didn’t know the market as well as I did. So I walked out to my srt and called a dealer on my short list - I had a deposit put down on their only allocation at dealer invoice within maybe 15 minutes. And keep in mind I’m still sitting in my srt in the parking lot of the dealer that just quoted me 25k over! That was a savings of well over 30k. The deal was waiting for me in my email inbox by the time I got home to sign and email back.

Those original asking prices were comical, I feel bad for anyone that bit on it. That was just pissing away money, there were lots of rural dealers that would’ve loved selling their only allocation before it got pulled from them on day 5 post release. I’m sure you ended up with an even better deal than I did, which again was primarily due to all of these bozo dealers not understanding the market. Because without all of this excess inventory that were ordered on spec that they couldn’t sell, these never would’ve been priced so low to liquidate them. Congrats on being patient and waiting it out. Now drive it like you stole it, cause it probably feels that way to the dealer that sold it to ya! :grin2:
Well done to get one when new for such a good price. When I started looking on Christmas Eve the dealer where I was getting service had 8. In the end their deal was the best locally but I wanted better and could not get before Jan 2 deadline. Was lucky to find one where the dealer just wanted to get rid of it after 6 months. Had some miles as said was used in various local parades, etc. but still new, untitled and not registered. So I got a deal and a new start for warranty, Sirius, etc. compared to the SRT which just turned a year old. Helps to not need to buy and can pass on so so deals while waiting for the outstanding one. The dealer got a really nice SRT to sell and can recover a bit and make something if they finance. Will need to find so quiet roads to do some testing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts