Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone have a link to how to pull off the bumper? I ran into a faster I’m not familiar with and it seems like they have to be destroyed to be removed, anyone know for sure?

Try rotating the center part of it counter clockwise. Normally these will accept a phillips or straight screw driver. The center should come out about a 1/4" or more, then carefully pry out the whole unit.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you zoom in, you’ll see what I’m talking about. There doesn’t seem to be a removable center section like with every other clip. These seem like they’re a one time use kinda thing, just trying to confirm before I remove them.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m pretty sure these are the plastic “rivets” that people were complaining about removing to access the oil cooler. The ones I’m curious about connect the bumper to the wheel well if anyone is super curious.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had a shop install a supercharger on my '15 SRT Grand Cherokee... they had to remove the front bumper to install the intercooler reservoir, etc. They said the plastic rivets are one-time only... and had to purchase new ones when reinstalling.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Best way to remove them is to drill them out in the center. Harbor freight sells the install tool and these replacement plastic rivets far cheaper than the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pro Tip: where the top hole in the wheel well that’s associated with the bumper is actually a separate piece that has to be popped out in order to remove the bumper and the are stuck on with double sided tape and you’d never know it’s two pieces.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts