1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
"hide the plate" is great and they have an automated version that works by remote. Just need to lube the mechanism once a year or so, but works great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
"hide the plate" is great and they have an automated version that works by remote. Just need to lube the mechanism once a year or so, but works great!

I just installed the manual show n go plate bracket a few weeks ago. It is literally a one bolt install for the track hawk, and took 5 minutes. It completely retracts under the front air dam and is hides pretty well unless you were looking for it. I've run this on few cars and the track hawk was the easiest car I've ever installed it on.

I did have to drill out one of the factory holes in the plate bracket because the screw was larger which is why it took 5 minutes instead of 3. I'm sure the automatic one works just as well once you run the electric but for 35 bucks the manual was a no brainier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't know about other states, but in Maryland it is only a $50 or $60 non moving violation. I am going to run rear only unless i start getting pulled over a lot.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't know about other states, but in Maryland it is only a $50 or $60 non moving violation. I am going to run rear only unless i start getting pulled over a lot.

Texas:
As of Sept. 1, 2013, it is required that all registered vehicles, including commercial vehicles, must display both front and rear plates. “An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200”.

·
Super Moderator
2,244 Posts
As long as that’s the ONLY law you’re breaking. It’s been my experience that lots of people get in lots of trouble they wouldn’t have, solely because there was something less than legal about their vehicle that got the cops interested in the first place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in Texas as well and $200 is just crazy. I think I will keep it in the front windshield for now and until I can see a couple first hand. I have a worry of loosing it at high speed, over time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I’m in Texas as well and $200 is just crazy. I think I will keep it in the front windshield for now and until I can see a couple first hand. I have a worry of loosing it at high speed, over time.
My license for the SRT and TH are mounted on the front bumper. I don't need any BS claim to pull me over, as I already had that experience coming out of Houston back in 2000. I wasn't speeding or driving in the passing lane, just minding my own business. When the state cop told me what he pulled me over for, I acted all surprised and claimed it must have been stolen in Houston. Got off with a warning... So now for me, it's just not worth it in my opinion. As far as driving at high speed... Geez how fast do you drive?? I have never lost a front license to speed, but I did just lose a front bezel off the front grill coming down 75 in the construction zone. Something got knocked over one of the concrete barriers and hit the first bezel on the drivers side and it just pop'ed off and I watched it fly over the windshield. No way to go back. So tried to order just the one I needed, but they only sell the complete set of 7.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used to think that way. It is a dumb reason to get pulled over though. Give them more reason to look at other things. Not worth it if you ever have a drink or two and then get puleld over for driving with no plate or tinted windows. Go with the hide the plate. Mounts under and is automated from a key fob. Pops up or slides down and under the car. You will never know it is there and if you do need it up it pops up in seconds.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm in CA and don't run a front plate on 4 of my 8 vehicles. Those 4 are very expensive cars and NFW am I going to mount a plate up front. I guess I would begrudgingly do a hidden mount on 1 or 2 of those cars if I kept getting nabbed, but not at all on the others. (Where do you mount a front plate on a Cobra?)

The biggest risk here seems to be when parking at a street parking meter. Then the "fix-it ticket" for having no front plate is easy to get. I've never gotten one myself, but that's what my friends say has happened to them numerous times.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm in CA and don't run a front plate on 4 of my 8 vehicles. Those 4 are very expensive cars and NFW am I going to mount a plate up front. I guess I would begrudgingly do a hidden mount on 1 or 2 of those cars if I kept getting nabbed, but not at all on the others. (Where do you mount a front plate on a Cobra?)

The biggest risk here seems to be when parking at a street parking meter. Then the "fix-it ticket" for having no front plate is easy to get. I've never gotten one myself, but that's what my friends say has happened to them numerous times.
I doubt those expensive ones ever see street metered parking, mine definitely don’t. So unless you get pulled over for something else, you’re good.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I won’t even drive mine without knowing where it’s going to be parked when I get where I’m going. It’s the saga of taking a garage queen for a drive that doesn’t involve just a joy ride and back home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maryland is a $70 fine, but opens the door for the officer to take a good look at you and around your vehicle. I use the sho n stow type holder on my Trackhawk and some other cars that I have. I have a place in MD & Del. When I'm in Del I can pull the front tag off in 3 seconds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts