Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test time! I attached two pics. Once pic is the inside the driver side wheel well. The other is the passenger side wheel well. I highlighted the obvious differences (other than the dead butterfly).

Questions:

- What is the highlighted parts and sensor that are on the passenger side and NOT on the driver side? Anyone know?
- Is the driver side supposed to have the same parts/sensor?

I ask this since I just got back from a 5k road trip. I noticed what seems to be the driver side shocks not quite normal. It feels like when my old SRT Challenger decided to blow a shock and I could definitely feel it while driving/braking. It felt like it was bouncing hard when going over speed bumps and other road hazards. It was obvious back then since I just looked into the wheel well and fluid had exploded all over the place.

Sooooo….I don't see any fluid anywhere so not sure what it could be (could be me going crazy!?)...other than noticing the difference in parts/sensors on the Driver side.

Quick...someone walk outside and tell me if the Driver side should have the same parts/sensors as the Passenger side! No...seriously...someone go outside and look for me! :smile2:

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve noticed what I think is a similar feeling with my front suspension. I can hear it sometimes while driving over tough surfaces but when I slowly go over speed bumps and let the suspension travel I can actually feel the front shocks compress and when they extend again I also feel something similar to a click. It’s not a click sound but they reach a point and a noise that I can also feel. It’s really difficult to explain but it’s just odd that I can feel and almost hear my suspension/shocks moving. Did you have yours checked out?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’ve noticed what I think is a similar feeling with my front suspension. I can hear it sometimes while driving over tough surfaces but when I slowly go over speed bumps and let the suspension travel I can actually feel the front shocks compress and when they extend again I also feel something similar to a click. It’s not a click sound but they reach a point and a noise that I can also feel. It’s really difficult to explain but it’s just odd that I can feel and almost hear my suspension/shocks moving. Did you have yours checked out?
I have noticed this same issue with mine as well, especially in the colder weather with snows on. It sounds almost like the control arm rattling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I had my 2018 Trackhawk looked at at the dealer ship. They had it for about a month since I started to hear a noise around 24k miles when I would be at slow speeds making a U turn or just circling slowly wether I was turn left or right. I thought it was the the transfer case.... dealership said it was a software update that fixed the issue. I get it back today after them having it for a month and it seemed like it was fine but it started to squeak again. I really don’t know if it’s a transfer case issue, a power steering issue, or ride height sensor. Idk kinda frustrating because I don’t want to beat on it and end up messing something up completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts