Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having issues with the console computer freezing up?

Symptoms include:

1) Central console computer freezes (ie all input stops being accepted/active screen freezes) about 10-15 seconds after startup. It stays locked up for 30 seconds or so, and then everything starts working again (including queued up input if you touched the screen at all). Note that the radio still continues to play while this happens (it's just the input/display that freezes).
2) Navigation system takes 20-25 seconds to start giving directions after you hit "Go". The screen effectively freezes display/input while it's "thinking".

I've had the Hawk into the shop 3 separate times since May (around the last time of my last cloud-pushed system update). Twice they've reset/reflashed the computer/radio system. It fixed the issue for about a week, and then resumed locking up.

Just had it in a few days ago and they're saying FCA claims a fix is being rolled out over the air over the next 1-2 weeks. I have yet to find another Trackhawk owner that is seeing anything similar.

-John

·
Registered
266 Posts
Is anyone having issues with the console computer freezing up?

Symptoms include:

1) Central console computer freezes (ie all input stops being accepted/active screen freezes) about 10-15 seconds after startup. It stays locked up for 30 seconds or so, and then everything starts working again (including queued up input if you touched the screen at all). Note that the radio still continues to play while this happens (it's just the input/display that freezes).
2) Navigation system takes 20-25 seconds to start giving directions after you hit "Go". The screen effectively freezes display/input while it's "thinking".

I've had the Hawk into the shop 3 separate times since May (around the last time of my last cloud-pushed system update). Twice they've reset/reflashed the computer/radio system. It fixed the issue for about a week, and then resumed locking up.

Just had it in a few days ago and they're saying FCA claims a fix is being rolled out over the air over the next 1-2 weeks. I have yet to find another Trackhawk owner that is seeing anything similar.

-John
Haven't experienced this but I have had the TH not recognize a USB flash drive I have in slot #1. It will play and when I switch to XM and then go back it all of a sudden doesn't recognize the drive. I unplug and reinsert and all is good. Finicky little suckers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had an issue with my 2017 SRT info center (center console) a day after I drove it off the dealers lot that was 2 1/2 hours away. I went to my local Jeep service center (Hoyte) and showed them that the info center would not scroll or respond to touch. The service tech sent it to the guys in the back and when the service tech came back, he said that he would be ordering a brand new info center. The new info center was installed last year and I have not had any problems since.
Yes I agree that electronics can be a little finicky, so far I have had no issues with my SAN disk in the USB ports. My SRT only has the one USB port where the TH has two.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, after threatening to invoke a Lemon Law lawsuit against FCA, they finally replaced the info center (center console computer, which is basically an integrated screen/computer system).

Issue resolved. Which is great, because the last symptom I saw a week ago was the backup warning buzzer being stuck for 15 minutes "on". Great for driving...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am have problems with the gauges in the performance pages freezing the only one that appears to work in sync in real time is the oil pressure

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am having a problem with the nav. It will take me off the interstate at any major city and thru town then back to the interstate. Didn't do this a few months ago when we went to Florida..

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am having a problem with the nav. It will take me off the interstate at any major city and thru town then back to the interstate. Didn't do this a few months ago when we went to Florida..
I’ve noticed mine is quite dumb of recent too. Did they download an update from Garmin circa 1998 or something?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’ve noticed mine is quite dumb of recent too. Did they download an update from Garmin circa 1998 or something?
I hadn't that about that. My wife took it the dealer the week before to fix a panel that was loose. They did a flash update while it was there. Not sure what it was for. It is odd how it wants to get off the interstate to drive thru towns and back to the interstate. Even the estimated time of arrival was about hour later than google was on my cell phone due to all the "detours"..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts