Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Fs: D3s philips 42403xv2 xtremevision (4800k) bulbs

6K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Lil Hemi 
#1 ·
Brand new pair of D3S Philips Xtreme Vision Bulbs to replace the OEM bulbs in the Trackhawk. Part number 42403XV2

$165 shipped.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I went with the 130 % over bulb. I was split between that one and yours they are good lights, and these cars have CRUD lights from the factory.

however we never like seeing the first post be for selling an item tho... most forums DO NOT allow that.

#6 ·
One of the first things I noticed with the Trackhawk was how terrible the lights were, so swapped them out with the Philips like in the picture above. I ordered a qty of 2 not realizing they were sold in pairs.....whoops. So selling these at a deep discount to brighten up another Trackhawk!

#10 ·
I bought mine for 200 on xenon depot, just checked and they are listed for 250. I actually do have these same bulbs the 150% 4800K .

2 things.

1. they are amazing, twice as bright as the factory lights (literally) and slightly more white than the factory (4300). Not blue at all. they do not look aftermarket in any way, just very usable white light. they are perfect.

2. Truly a pain to install. If you have never done these prong style connector headlights before be in for a surprise. It took me 2 hours total as I put everything together without realizing that one of the bulbs wasn't fully seated. by the end my hands looked like I had bathed a vicious cat. If I did it again could probably knock it out in 45. there is a write up on jeep garage.

Reactions: hawkku
#11 ·
Yes, very happy with the bulbs, can’t believe for the amount of money the TH costs they don’t put decent bulbs from the factory.

Huge pain to put in. After reading some write ups and other TH owners experiences, I almost didn’t pull the trigger. Driver side is pretty easy, the passenger side is awful putting the new bulb in, tore my hand up as well.

All and all, very happy with the end result, just wish it was easier to access the bulbs!

#13 ·
cant you just return them? or did they send two sets on accident? none of my business really but return them.
honestly I dont know if I would buy from you or anyone when its so close to price I can buy it and have protection if something is wrong. just my thoughts personally. GLWS

#16 ·
the jeep guy has a write up on the jeep garage forum. its not easy. they have prongs all around them that the bulb snaps into and out of. its pretty tricky as the space is very tight. very rewarding though to have the new lights. HUGE improvement and the color is perfect.

4300 k (slightly yellow) weak hids don't fit on a 100k car. these bulbs really should have been the oem choice.

#21 ·
IMO they are not worth the $$$ they cost, I installed them a while back and wasn’t impressed with the slightly brighter than stock brightness. At almost 12% more lumes or k’s (4300k vs 4800k) it’s not that much of significant improvement, high beams still suck. I gave the adjustment screw a turn and a 1/2 CW to raise the beam a bit and that helped.

#22 ·
Kelvin is a measure of color temperature. these are slightly more white than the stock which appear slightly yellow. The lumens of these bulbs are advertised at 150% the lumens of a standard d3s bulb. I believe they are closer to 100 % or DOUBLE the brightness of the stock bulb. Im surprised that even with adjusting the bulbs up a bit, that you weren't impressed with the Phillips.

#23 · (Edited)
I went back to check figuring I might have gotten the wrong bulbs in but no the extreme visions are in, pics of the stock and extreme both say 35 watts, don’t know the voltage of the stock units but I figured they must be close to the 42v of the extremes, or are 42v since I didn’t see that much difference in brightness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.