Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve posted this in a few other threads but I want everyone to be aware...

For anyone who is affected and your car was Inspected & determined it was not necessary PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE insist it be replaced anyway ! I took ownership of mine 10 days before the dealers were notified about the stop sale. I was initially told it was okay back in February, but was supposed to be getting a part anyway beginning of March. Long story short a few days ago right after hitting 1,500 miles and while driving around 50mph down a major road my TH stalled and would not start back up. Right before it happened the smell of gas filled the cabin through the air vents... A metro bus had to put on the emergency brakes and literally almost hit me. Dealer said they thought my fuel line still looked fine so would NOT be replacing it. But would look into other reasons it won’t start at all ! I told them To not touch my car and immediately called Chrysler and Roadside assistance It’s now at a different dealer. (Via tow truck because it’s still dead) .. it was terrifying. please please please if your vin is affected INSIST they replace it. Better to be safe !!

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Glad your of good sir... Mine passed the inspection, but i am still going to keep an eye on it... Do you have any pictures of the rail popped off? Would love to see how it looks post incident... Again very happy for your and everyone around you saftey... Hope all is well and you get the truck back quick!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts