Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I would like to install a fuel pump cutoff switch since our trucks seem to be easily stolen with key scanners and are in high demand. I had this on numerous vehicles on the past. If you can't start it you ain't gonna get real far unless you have a towing. Anyways does anyone know the location and have the wiring diagram perhaps?? Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have always wondered why a company like Z Automotive's Tazer doesn't offer a Locked Mode?

Locked Mode: Before shutting off vehicle, apply Locked Mode, enter a code, shut off vehicle. Before attempting to re-start vehicle, correct code must be entered.

They would make a ton of money on that one feature alone.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Hey guys,

I would like to install a fuel pump cutoff switch since our trucks seem to be easily stolen with key scanners and are in high demand. I had this on numerous vehicles on the past. If you can't start it you ain't gonna get real far unless you have a towing. Anyways does anyone know the location and have the wiring diagram perhaps?? Thanks
Fuel pumps are in the tank......lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
This would be a PITA, but you could turn on Valet Mode each time before parking. At least the thief won't be going as fast, fleeing the scene. 🛴

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey guys,

Yes I have been thinking of the same thing a kill switch or something like that will. Using a FOB all the time is getting to risky. I won't be opening my doors with a FOB, will just use the key. I think you can get a kill switch for the battery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I have been thinking of the same thing a kill switch or something like that will. Using a FOB all the time is getting to risky. I won't be opening my doors with a FOB, will just use the key. I think you can get a kill switch for the battery.
Have to be careful with a battery disconnect and the computers need power all the time to retain memory and such. There's a way to install a fuel pump cutoff without going into the tank. :)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Using the key will set off the alarm. Plus, how do you get around needing the FOB for the ignition?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Using the key will set off the alarm. Plus, how do you get around needing the FOB for the ignition?
I have a Honda now and if I use the key to unlock the front door the alarm does not go off. Why did they make a key if you can't use it. Have you tried to open your door with your key?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have a Honda now and if I use the key to unlock the front door the alarm does not go off. Why did they make a key if you can't use it. Have you tried to open your door with your key?
I dropped the FOB on my 2014 Overland and it busted open. When I used the key (inserted in the FOB), the alarm went off. When I inserted batteries properly no alarm. May be Trackawk is different, but it's still a Grand Cerokee. Is safety built in where scanner can't hack?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have to be careful with a battery disconnect and the computers need power all the time to retain memory and such. There's a way to install a fuel pump cutoff without going into the tank. :)
"There's a way to install a fuel pump cutoff without going into the tank" Can you tell me how this can be done...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think what ekas is trying to say is that the fuel pump is electric and knowing what wires supply voltage could be interrupted by a switch. Would be easy to identify with schematics. Then just locate a splice location, run wires, mount switch and don't tell anyone where it is located.

Reactions: ekaz

·
Registered
218 Posts
This would be a PITA, but you could turn on Valet Mode each time before parking. At least the thief won't be going as fast, fleeing the scene. 🛴
Not really difficult at all. You would just find the fuel pump fuse and corresponding wire, cut the wire and run two leads, one for each end of the cut wire, up to the dash area and to a hidden switch. Done

Reactions: ekaz

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not really difficult at all. You would just find the fuel pump fuse and corresponding wire, cut the wire and run two leads, one for each end of the cut wire, up to the dash area and to a hidden switch. Done

I believe Black Track was referring to turning on the Valet Mode each time before parking, as the PITA.

Reactions: Black Track

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys,

Becareful doing this, the wire can get really hot or it can burn up the wire to the switch, they have very high voltage going thru them. Do the starter shutoff switch OR put a switch for 'Push Start Button'. I personally wouldn't recommend doing fuel pump switch, it might throw you some codes as well if you by mistake go to start the car and the fuel pump is not working.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts