Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been looking at this, this is pulled from 2014 SRT wiring. Ignition and Fuel pump relay. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

>> Ignition Run/Start/Stop button. Bottom right. (Red wire) <<<

>> Fuel Pump (Dark Blue/Orange wire) 20A fuse goes to Fuel Pump Relay to the front #3 wire. <<<

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can 1000% confirm this. I just tried it in my Trackhawk.

You can put DPST/DPDT swtich on the RED wire on the Start/Stop button.

I just removed the RED wire from the plug and tried to start it, it won't start. I tried to start it (doesn't start), it locks the car and unlocks the car, alarm doesn't go off when you lock/unlock, and NO CODES whatsoever when I reconnected the RED wire and started the car.

Furthermore, I tried to remote start the car, it starts, BUT, once you put your foot on the brake pedal, it automatically shuts off, because that constant is not there.

I can 100% safely say you can use Start/Stop button to put a switch on it. Again, be careful this is constant 12v, make sure battery is off before doing any work with it.

If you're still have any doubts at all, unplug RED wired from that plug and try it yourself, but make sure nothing touches that RED wire, I can't stress this enough.

WARNING: Please use at your own discretion.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Disconnecting the big + cable at the post under the hood cuts the power to the fuse panel and constant + at the ignition switch.
A lot easier than disconnecting the battery under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can put DPST/DPDT swtich on the RED wire on the Start/Stop button.
So has anyone actually installed a kill switch on their Trackhawk? I like Zar_Trackhawk's idea of putting it on the Start/Stop button. Curious to see if anyone has actually done it, or installed one on a different circuit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So has anyone actually installed a kill switch on their Trackhawk? I like Zar_Trackhawk's idea of putting it on the Start/Stop button. Curious to see if anyone has actually done it, or installed one on a different circuit.
Zar Trackhawk said he did it.
Or do you mean anyone else/

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wasn't sure if Zar_Trackhawk actually installed a switch or just temporarily pulled the red wire from the plug harness to test the idea. Regardless, it would be nice to hear some feedback or other ideas. I've looked into the Ravelco, but I would rather just have a hidden switch I can quickly flip.

I'm hopefully taking delivery of my '21 next week and I work in Chicago. Theft and car jackings are a significant daily concern. Plus, even in the 'burbs, a Hellcat was just stolen last week right off the dealer lot a few miles from me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wasn't sure if Zar_Trackhawk actually installed a switch or just temporarily pulled the red wire from the plug harness to test the idea. Regardless, it would be nice to hear some feedback or other ideas. I've looked into the Ravelco, but I would rather just have a hidden switch I can quickly flip.

I'm hopefully taking delivery of my '21 next week and I work in Chicago. Theft and car jackings are a significant daily concern. Plus, even in the 'burbs, a Hellcat was just stolen last week right off the dealer lot a few miles from me.
I actually installed it. I use it every time I go out. Installed it since I first posted it, haven't had any issues at all. No codes, no nothing, just like I tested it. 1000% works, but still do it at your own risk.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I would go with the Ravelco anti-theft device. Similar to hidden switch from red ignition wire; however, the module has a combo of wiring that would make it impossible to hot wire. Also, requires a special key. Now that we know we can pull out the display module to access the wire, the would be theft would simply find the splice.
Seems that the installation requires a Ravelco tech representative to figure all the black colored wires,

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually installed it. I use it every time I go out. Installed it since I first posted it, haven't had any issues at all. No codes, no nothing, just like I tested it. 1000% works, but still do it at your own risk.
Thanks for figuring this out and posting your results. Much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
I had Ravelco and was EXTREMELY disappointed with the installation. Will probably be taking the guy to small claims court as he did about a grand worth of damage while installing and he’s refusing to pay.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the "do it at your own risk" statement. Realize that Mods to your electrical system could potentially void portions of your warranty. As Lil Hemi found out, the Ravelco is only as good as the Tech that installs it. I would question the splicing techniques they might be using too.

Reactions: Black Track

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I had Ravelco and was EXTREMELY disappointed with the installation. Will probably be taking the guy to small claims court as he did about a grand worth of damage while installing and he’s refusing to pay.
Apparently, the guy that does the installation, Chuck Whigham, claims to be the top Ravelco installation technician in the country and a Master Certified Ravelco Technician with over 19 years of experience configuring custom Ravelco installations. Is this the guy you used?

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
Apparently, the guy that does the installation, Chuck Whigham, claims to be the top Ravelco installation technician in the country and a Master Certified Ravelco Technician with over 19 years of experience configuring custom Ravelco installations. Is this the guy you used?
My problem was not with the electrical connection portion of the instal. My issue is that the guy did not mount the receptacle where I asked him to and instead put two screw holes through the leather panel that I explicitly told him not to. On top of that, he scratched up my custom billet fuse box cover. Keep in mind that I was just inside my office, he had my number AND I told him if he had any questions that he could call me and I’d be right out to answer them. He took it upon himself to install it exactly where I told him not to. He refunded the purchase price but is so far refusing to pay for the total damages. I contacted Ravelco headquarters and they said they don’t have anything to do with their installers as they are franchisees and do not offer any protection against the damage their installers do.
I would strongly caution you against using their product on any vehicle where esthetics matter.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts