Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Could the black ground wire going to the plug be the splice point to disable the switch? Seems like it would be safer to route a pair of ground wires through the car instead of a 12V.
Test it, unplug the black wire and try starting the car. Than try remote start it and press the brake pedal afterwards and see if it shuts down. I did 12V because it's constant 12V, meaning the button is complete off if theres no power to it. Try it, I don't believe it will do anything, but it could work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Disconnecting the big + cable at the post under the hood cuts the power to the fuse panel and constant + at the ignition switch.
A lot easier than disconnecting the battery under the passenger seat.

Trackhawk push/start button kill switch

Hello my names Sean new here with an 18 trackhawk. My dumba** removed the ground not the positive off the battery like an idiot. I went and put the red wires back together on the push/start first and put the ground back on the battery. Now seems like I have no Power on the push/start button. My Key fob doesn’t do anything no unlock/lock nothing. Interior Lights come when you open the door. Speedometer says push brake and push start to start but nothing happens. No Acc or run or start. So being that I clipped the red wire while the positive was still connected is there any way this thing went into theft mode or something like that? Any idea what I should I do? I am completely stuck. Anything helps

·
Registered
434 Posts
Trackhawk push/start button kill switch

Hello my names Sean new here with an 18 trackhawk. My dumba** removed the ground not the positive off the battery like an idiot. I went and put the red wires back together on the push/start first and put the ground back on the battery. Now seems like I have no Power on the push/start button. My Key fob doesn’t do anything no unlock/lock nothing. Interior Lights come when you open the door. Speedometer says push brake and push start to start but nothing happens. No Acc or run or start. So being that I clipped the red wire while the positive was still connected is there any way this thing went into theft mode or something like that? Any idea what I should I do? I am completely stuck. Anything helps
Check all the fuses would be the first thing, look at them very closely, sometimes they seem fine, but they're not. The fuse I marked below would be the first thing that goes Fuse 51 (10A) it goes directly to the button.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check all the fuses would be the first thing, look at them very closely, sometimes they seem fine, but they're not. The fuse I marked below would be the first thing that goes Fuse 51 (10A) it goes directly to the button.

View attachment 11021
I am pretty sure this fuse is burnt. Weird it’s not cut in half but definitely looks burnt at the peak. It is a 15amp though. I do not have any so I will be hitting the store in the am. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
12 Posts

View attachment 11021
It was exactly what you said it was. Fuse 51 is a micro 15amp. Replaced with another and bingo! Key fob and push to start works again. Kill switch to red wire on push/start button wired and working. Thank you !

·
Registered
434 Posts
It was exactly what you said it was. Fuse 51 is a micro 15amp. Replaced with another and bingo! Key fob and push to start works again. Kill switch to red wire on push/start button wired and working. Thank you !
Nice, glad I could help. As you can see the fuse looked to be fine, but was actually bad. I've seen that before, just something to keep in mind when troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I can 1000% confirm this. I just tried it in my Trackhawk.

You can put DPST/DPDT swtich on the RED wire on the Start/Stop button.

I just removed the RED wire from the plug and tried to start it, it won't start. I tried to start it (doesn't start), it locks the car and unlocks the car, alarm doesn't go off when you lock/unlock, and NO CODES whatsoever when I reconnected the RED wire and started the car.

Furthermore, I tried to remote start the car, it starts, BUT, once you put your foot on the brake pedal, it automatically shuts off, because that constant is not there.

I can 100% safely say you can use Start/Stop button to put a switch on it. Again, be careful this is constant 12v, make sure battery is off before doing any work with it.

If you're still have any doubts at all, unplug RED wired from that plug and try it yourself, but make sure nothing touches that RED wire, I can't stress this enough.

WARNING: Please use at your own discretion.

View attachment 8980
View attachment 8981
View attachment 8982
This works 100%

41 - 48 of 48 Posts