Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link to this? In my Evo, I just pulled out the backseat and there was the pump. I’m guessing it won’t be that easy in the jeep. If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I had a go at this n here’s what I did.
Fuel pumps and what I’m guessing is their controller are located under the 60 portion of the rear seat. After disconnecting battery I unbolted the two at the base or the rear seat for the 60 portion. From there you can just rotate it up and out if the way, I ran a ratchet strap around part and anchored it in the cargo bay. Then just pull the carpet up and out of the way and there’s all the goodies. Waiting on the pump to actually get here before I press on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I had no luck searching. Everything I saw said to drop the tank so I reached out to the boys at Demon. They said to unclip the seat pad but I wasn’t having any luck doing that and wound up with this which so far, seems super easy.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m looking closer and this is not it and I’m not seeing how to get at it from the interior

·
Registered
60 Posts
You have to drop the tank on the Jeep. The cars can be accessed from the back seat. If you need a fuel pump, I have a brand new TH fuel pump. I can get the removal steps if you need them as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The steps would be awesome!!! I’ve got the secondary fuel pump assembly showing up today, hopefully that solves the issue

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I failed to communicate to the boys at Demon that I was talking about a Jeep. It finally clicked to me that they were talking about the dodge cars. Maybe I just wanted it to be true so badly. Lol oh well, looks like the tank gets dropped.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
The steps would be awesome!!! I’ve got the secondary fuel pump assembly showing up today, hopefully that solves the issue
I am pretty sure its the main fuel pump not the secondary one. now I have no clue with your CEL but mine was the main. It was also the main that had the service recall when they swapped brands. just a heads up.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My code is specific to the secondary but with dropping the fuel tank, it might be worth it just to replace the main. Just in case. Idk.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It’s actually related to the fuel pump assembly and not the pump itself. Either it or the controller are shorting you ground according to the diagnostic code.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Makes it harder to diagnose being a PWM set up. I have a Launch Pad 2 pro that will actuate the FPCM To force run duty cycles in 10% increments and log the supply voltages. There are other lower priced scanners out there too that will do the same to isolate weather it’s the pump or the controller

1 - 17 of 17 Posts