Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have not found any active TSBs on the secondary pump sofar. But I’m sure you may know it means the pump is shorted or can not operate properly with PWM. Chances are the pump is bad should be a warranty replacement. Possibly the fuel pump control module also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now to play/see both sides. unless your running a boost-a-pump that takes control over the fuel pump control and runs the pump above it’s rated duty cycle or operating voltage it should be under warranty since the factory FPCM is running the pumps and won’t allow operation past factory specs. Next I would look in the tuning files if the parameters in the FPCM have been modified to run the secondary pump either at a higher duty cycle or always on I can see the dealers standpoint. The shty thing is it’s on you to prove the modifications don’t to the vehicle didn’t effect the life of that pump. And bet as you go up the food chain toward FCA corporate there’s going to be a team of engineers against you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It definitely looks like there was an update to that pump assembly at some time it’s not uncommon for auto manufacturers to change the part number and not the part though to correct inventory issues and application updating

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve been running the same tune for 5k miles so I’m thinking it’s it’s part failure. Not running a BAP and not aware that Livernois does anything with the fuel pumps. Plenty of people running the same package I am without any codes. Just need to figure out which part needs replacing.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sounds like they flagged your vin/warranty.

If that is the case, FCA will not reimburse for any repair that isn’t a safety recall or emissions related.

If you can find a decent service tech, he can run what they call a VIP and get the code with the exact extent of what they flagged. It can range from specific parts or all the way to full drivetrain void.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys, my hawk seems to be cutting out under load and then recovering. When I say cutting out, it’s as if all torque/power cuts for a millisecond and then recovers. If I drive like a grandma I have no issues but when I put my foot into it, give it a decent load, I’d say 1/2 throttle or more, is when it does it. My tuner said he thinks it’s a fuel pump going bad. I did notice it was only doing it at higher speeds (big vehicle = bigger load up top) but now it has gotten much worse. The issues I’m facing: fuel pumps at Chrysler are in back order, knowing which pump if one is going bad to replace, and could it be the control module itself and not either pump? My hawk is one of the first 18’s off the line so I know it’s an early bird. Just looking for some help/guidance so I don’t chance my tail too hard. I will mention, it’s got a 2.72 upper only, 1300 injectors, on e85. Ive ran this setup before with no issues so I know it can handle it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just finished reading all of Your build story. All I have to say is wow. I’m going to pull some plugs tomorrow and see what I see. Fingers crossed I don’t see what you did :/

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Just finished reading all of Your build story. All I have to say is wow. I’m going to pull some plugs tomorrow and see what I see. Fingers crossed I don’t see what you did :/
If driving like a grandma you wont need to check your plugs. this power that cuts off is it after sudden stops? or shifting gears? mine had a issue like that like the computer couldnt figure out what gear to be in them boom it did. that cuts power while figuring out the gear. it was simple fix for me dont drive in auto drive in sport lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is doing it in the middle of gears as the rpms are climbing with a good amount of throttle. I could data log and send someone who knows more than I do the logs with HP tuners. If this makes sense, what I’ve seen what this happens, fuel pressure is all over the place and as soon as it cuts out, the STFT is adding like 25% more fuel.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Mine is doing it in the middle of gears as the rpms are climbing with a good amount of throttle. I could data log and send someone who knows more than I do the logs with HP tuners. If this makes sense, what I’ve seen what this happens, fuel pressure is all over the place and as soon as it cuts out, the STFT is adding like 25% more fuel.
oh damn yea that is not what I had. you have something going bad. could be a silly sensor could be worse.
I would talk with your shop asap. you dont want no blown motor or something silly.no codes at all? thats strange also. your tuner wouldnt turn of something like that. I dont even know if they could if they wanted to? But I am no tuner lol. get it to your shop asap and be safe drive normal if it dont feel right stop and tow it. borrow a trailer from someone what ever it takes to get it figured out before something bad. to many bad stories as it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh damn yea that is not what I had. you have something going bad. could be a silly sensor could be worse.
I would talk with your shop asap. you dont want no blown motor or something silly.no codes at all? thats strange also. your tuner wouldnt turn of something like that. I dont even know if they could if they wanted to? But I am no tuner lol. get it to your shop asap and be safe drive normal if it dont feel right stop and tow it. borrow a trailer from someone what ever it takes to get it figured out before something bad. to many bad stories as it is.
Thanks for the response. I talked to them this morning and told them the problem is getting worse. Before it was mainly periodic but now it’s happening all the time. No codes and he also said that he doesn’t turn things like that off. Just trying to see what I can do over here on my own so I don’t have to pay someone else to diagnose something. Fuel pumps are back ordered thru FCA if that is going bad which stinks.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Thanks for the response. I talked to them this morning and told them the problem is getting worse. Before it was mainly periodic but now it’s happening all the time. No codes and he also said that he doesn’t turn things like that off. Just trying to see what I can do over here on my own so I don’t have to pay someone else to diagnose something. Fuel pumps are back ordered thru FCA if that is going bad which stinks.
I had my pump covered and I am modded but I dont think many places will do that. You might end up like me trying to fix yourself and costing you cash. It was 2 thing that could be wrong one fuel rail sensor 350 bucks or pump no idea on cost with labor so I rolled the dice on fuel rail lol wrong still had code so dealer swapped it no charge they prob felt bad for me lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ya that’s the issue is being modded going to dealer. My issue is I have zero codes :/

Read this thread here, does it sound like this?

With your tune, are you experiencing this in Auto, Sport, and Track. Or just Auto and Sport? And when it happens is traction control on or off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does it in all modes and with traction on and off. If I paddle shift it myself, stay light on the pedal, and let the rpms slowly rise as I increase my speed I can get it to drive like normal, but I have go very slow. If it’s shifting on its own, I have to be even easier on the gas or it cuts out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts