Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
@18granite i checked that other post you mentioned and his seems different. He said his cut out for a few seconds. Mine is a second and then immediately recovers. Only thing I noticed is it seems to do it less frequently when I have a topped off tank compared to a 1/2 tank. When it first started acting up, I only noticed it around a half a tank. I topped off and the problem seemed to go away so I first thought maybe I had had e85 (even though I always test it every fill up) but that wasn’t the case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@18granite i checked that other post you mentioned and his seems different. He said his cut out for a few seconds. Mine is a second and then immediately recovers. Only thing I noticed is it seems to do it less frequently when I have a topped off tank compared to a 1/2 tank. When it first started acting up, I only noticed it around a half a tank. I topped off and the problem seemed to go away so I first thought maybe I had had e85 (even though I always test it every fill up) but that wasn’t the case.
Your issue does sound different for sure since its happening in all modes, even Track, and so often. I had/have something similar, but its infrequent. I detailed as much as possible in post #12 in the other thread. Still havent figured my issue out as I havent been able to log it yet.

Have you logged in HP tuners and let your tuner check it out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes and what we’re seeing is fuel pressure going all over the board. It hangs in the 70’s 60’s at wot but there’s zero knock and the AFR looks great and isn’t going Lein. when it cuts out the short term adds like 25% fuel which isn’t good at all. I also noticed now when it cuts out the AFR as of recent touches 15 for a second and then bounces back to 12-13 so it’s getting lein for a second now when it’s acting up which is why I am driving like a grandma so this doesn’t happen. His thought are a pump going bad and not keeping up. Wot fuel pressure shouldn’t drop below 80. My issue with it is that idk if it’s the primary or secondary going bad. Lot of work dropping tank to swap a pump for nothing and I know there’s a TSB for things like this but I have no codes at all and the TSB shows codes. I think the TSB is more so for the fuel control module though shorting to ground which causes the code so mine may just be (a ) pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something new I might have discovered. The hawk runs alright and doesn’t start to hiccup until it’s warmed up. Also the log where it showed the STFT shooting from to 25-30 may actually be when I left off the gas and not actually when it decides to hiccup. I’ll have to log more to know for sure. I’ll try and get a video too

21 - 24 of 24 Posts