Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jgs3PsPxSyssAvBaA

Good times at the quarter Mile drags with a 2016 Hellcat Charger. His only mod was drag radials. My only mod was a JLT Cold air intake. DA was +1350. I couldn’t break through the 11.6 barrier last night but still felt good with the runs. Like to see vids of other members races.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That sure does make the hellcat Chargers and Challengers look like they sorely need the AWD transmission. I don’t get why they make these high HP engines, and then don’t offer a transmission with it that helps the user optimize it. Quite pathetic if you ask me, but FCA didn’t bother asking. 😳

·
Registered
151 Posts
That sure does make the hellcat Chargers and Challengers look like they sorely need the AWD transmission. I don’t get why they make these high HP engines, and then don’t offer a transmission with it that helps the user optimize it. Quite pathetic if you ask me, but FCA didn’t bother asking. 😳
I wouldn't call it pathetic.

The introduction of the Hellcat was in the chally. And it was a pretty big deal. it wasn't a car that made any sense to be AWD. It was a muscle car....that needs radials. Like any other classic or modern muscle car. They usually don't come with AWD. And driving that much power with 2 weeks is pretty simplistic vs incorporating 3 diffs into the mix.

Fast forward...the charger comes out. That would be FCA's first opportunity to make an AWD platform for the Hellcat. They chose not to do it because...it would likely detract from sales of the RWD Challenger and have people begging for AWD to come with every Hellcat. Which would have been a huge feat to overcome.

The jeep hellcat comes out....and obviously it needs the drivetrain. And finally...it has it. and it's proving itself to be stout.

In a perfect world....they'd keep the Challenger RWD (my opinion based on the type of car it is)....Keep the Jeep AWD. And give the Charger a drivetrain similar to the new BMW's and AMG's that allow you to switch from RWD to AWD at the touch of a button.

That....would be a cool lineup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts