Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has these? Specifically the outlaw axles. Are they daily driveable (if necessary) or will there be NVH increases with them?

I am thinking about installing better axles while I install a rear differential brace, eibach rear sway bar, toe links, and girodisc pads/rotors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my Outlaw axles. I originally had full BWoody suspension (full delrin bushings) and rear diff brace. I ended up pulling most of the BWoody off and replacing with the Black Ops /AAD end links and toe link. It feels a tad bit softer now but the transitions are more controlled and smoother. I also have the Demon Performance rotors and pads (made by girodisc). Love them so far...had a full set of Racing Brake pads and the squealing noise became unbearable (I can live with a little bit, but it was incessant). I have some squeaking noise though ever since installing my Velgen wheels. I think it is coming from the aluminum hat contacting the wheel. It seems to go away after while when the car heats up (maybe the aluminum hat getting some heat in it).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Who has these? Specifically the outlaw axles. Are they daily driveable (if necessary) or will there be NVH increases with them?

I am thinking about installing better axles while I install a rear differential brace, eibach rear sway bar, toe links, and girodisc pads/rotors.
I am running G-Force axles with BWoody links and their hybrid bushing setup and have no NVH issues. Good upgrade for you to consider for sure. Eibach sway bar is a noticeable improvement and recommended.

Also have the G-Force aluminum HD drive shaft installed which is a beautiful piece.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had any issues with my Outlaw axles. I originally had full BWoody suspension (full delrin bushings) and rear diff brace. I ended up pulling most of the BWoody off and replacing with the Black Ops /AAD end links and toe link. It feels a tad bit softer now but the transitions are more controlled and smoother. I also have the Demon Performance rotors and pads (made by girodisc). Love them so far...had a full set of Racing Brake pads and the squealing noise became unbearable (I can live with a little bit, but it was incessant). I have some squeaking noise though ever since installing my Velgen wheels. I think it is coming from the aluminum hat contacting the wheel. It seems to go away after while when the car heats up (maybe the aluminum hat getting some heat in it).
im happy I went with my “gut” feeling on not mixing the girodisc rotors with RB pads, I’m happy I ordered the girodisc pads. That is odd you are getting a squeaking sound with the velgens, my buddy has velgens on his charger and he hasn’t mentioned anything about a speaking sound. Do you have any power mods by any chance?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running G-Force axles with BWoody links and their hybrid bushing setup and have no NVH issues. Good upgrade for you to consider for sure. Eibach sway bar is a noticeable improvement and recommended.

Also have the G-Force aluminum HD drive shaft installed which is a beautiful piece.
the g force driveshaft and front driveshaft are on my list of mods. Good to hear there are no NVH issues, last thing I want to do is ruin the ride quality of the car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
im happy I went with my “gut” feeling on not mixing the girodisc rotors with RB pads, I’m happy I ordered the girodisc pads. That is odd you are getting a squeaking sound with the velgens, my buddy has velgens on his charger and he hasn’t mentioned anything about a speaking sound. Do you have any power mods by any chance?
I do. I have a 3.09 upper, Incognito lower, AFE intake, suitcase delete w/ Vibrant resonators, blower spacers, 1200cc injectors and E85 flex fuel tune. I broke both stock rear half shafts and rear diff at the track last time out. I was surprised since I was on Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires and didn't think I would dead hook like that. The time before that I trapped 132.74 mph in about 1K'+ DA weighing in at 5,585lbs (my 240lbs included).

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
I do. I have a 3.09 upper, Incognito lower, AFE intake, suitcase delete w/ Vibrant resonators, blower spacers, 1200cc injectors and E85 flex fuel tune. I broke both stock rear half shafts and rear diff at the track last time out. I was surprised since I was on Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires and didn't think I would dead hook like that. The time before that I trapped 132.74 mph in about 1K'+ DA weighing in at 5,585lbs (my 240lbs included).
What size wheels do you have on?

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Guess I need to order some Michelin’s then. Unless you didn’t power brake it before launching…. I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone breaking axles on 20” wheels, it’s usually the wheel hop from running 22s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I power braked it a little bit (maybe 1,600 RPM), it hooked for a split second and then wheel hop and pop.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get an oem replacement differential or is there an aftermarket, stronger upgrade for that? Do you have the stock transfer case too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you get an oem replacement differential or is there an aftermarket, stronger upgrade for that? Do you have the stock transfer case too?
I did OEM replacement and have stock transfer case. I was fortunate that there were 2 OEM rear diffs in stock at dealerships...one of which happened to be 10 miles from my house. Otherwise I would have had to likely wait 1 month+ for a new one. I am still debating doing the upgraded transfer cases which there seems to be a couple of options out there. I am probably done hitting the track. Instead I am trying to whittle down my 60-130mph times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Per4mance design has a pretty nice looking diff brace, might help you out.
I am in the process of installing the per4mance diff brace right now. The first piece went on no problem and I am taking a cigar break before mounting the 2nd piece and drilling into the crossmember.

the diff brace is anodized black too, it looks badass

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
I am in the process of installing the per4mance diff brace right now. The first piece went on no problem and I am taking a cigar break before mounting the 2nd piece and drilling into the crossmember.

the diff brace is anodized black too, it looks badass
It’s not the cheapest option but it looks like it’s quality to me. I’ll probably do this, the AAD pieces, brakes and axles all at once.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts