Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the quest of getting another 100hp out of this truck. I reached out to my local tuner who had previously worked on my 15 Jeep SRT to see his thoughts on what could be done.... I was curious to know what you all thought about this response and what the reality of what would be gained from the work mentioned below.

BELOW IS THE RESPONSE.....

We are actually doing an 18 trackhawk next week. Here are my suggestions for gaining another 80-100hp based on hellcats we've done in the past. These are estimates as we have not done an 18 yet and I'm going by memory on a few of these items. Its ballpark though.

10% overdrive crank pulley
Injector Dynamics 1050x injectors
Cold air intake
Custom tune

The pulley ends up around $750 installed, injectors run around $850 plus 2 hours to install, the intake we use runs about $400 plus $100 install and then the tune.

Tuning is done via HPTuners. You wont get a handheld. We tune it and send you on your way. It does require some more hardware though.
A PCM swap is done first. We physically remove your PCM, and install a brand new one from Dodge that's unlocked and tunable. You'll get to retain your untouched stock computer. It will allow you to swap back to stock PCM should you ever have a warranty issue.

PCM swap is $750
HPTuners required credits is $200
Custom dyno tune is $600.

Total to do all of the work, including parts and tuning will run you around $3850

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will find out on that. Also they are doing this work now for another T-Hawk owner. I want to see what gains came from the work done before doing this.

·
Registered
582 Posts
His prices are no bargain, but he’s about right and in the ballpark with adding 100hp with those mods.

He’s misinformed about swapping the PCM for warranty work. That’s an easy spot for a dealership in more than one way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Injector Dynamics 1050x injectors are currently $1,040 (that's not really around $850) and probably not really needed if that's all you are going to do. Just use Mopar Demon injectors for a whole lot less. Also not really needed for just a lower pulley but very cheap insurance is to pin the crank while you are down there! You may well get the itch later to do an upper pulley as well. That will be a lot easier and cheaper just a pulley, belt and tune!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good information, once he has the numbers for the one he is doing I will get back to everyone here. I appreciate the insights from you all!

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
only thing I would add is why 1050s? are you sure thats all you want is 100hp? you sure you will never go E85 ? That would suck having to buy injectors again and paying to install again also. but if your sure your stopping there so be it.
not sure I would buy a new PCM also. Remember if you are tuned and your radio goes out you still are covered in warranty. the warranty can only be denied if there is proof the mod caused the issue. Motors are the cheap **** I am more worried and a stupid window not working and the 7 computers it takes to control them. pistons getting burnt is a easy fix

·
Registered
113 Posts
You dont need to upgrade the injectors with that pulley. You also wont be getting close to 100hp...more like 40-50. A 2.85 upper pulley will give you 80-100hp but would require injectors.

I have experience with both the 10% and upper 2.85 pulley. I installed the 10% pulley on the 2016 Challenger HC I had. Did not upgrade the injectors per Hemituner Performance and did not have any fuel issues.

I currently own a 2016 Charger HC that I installed the 2.85 Hell Raiser decoupling pulley. Big difference. I did install Demon injectors and have no fuel issues.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You dont need to upgrade the injectors with that pulley. You also wont be getting close to 100hp...more like 40-50. A 2.85 upper pulley will give you 80-100hp but would require injectors.

I have experience with both the 10% and upper 2.85 pulley. I installed the 10% pulley on the 2016 Challenger HC I had. Did not upgrade the injectors per Hemituner Performance and did not have any fuel issues.

I currently own a 2016 Charger HC that I installed the 2.85 Hell Raiser decoupling pulley. Big difference. I did install Demon injectors and have no fuel issues.
Correcting myself ...should be 100-120rwhp with the 2.85 and 60-80rwhp with the lower pulley.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Diablo sport will unlock our PCM's and provide a hand tuner( I had this for my 15 SRT ) I have to imagine this is a good thing. at a fraction of the cost of what I would be charged through the tuner. Anyone here using Diablo's product for the Trackhawk?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Diablo sport will unlock our PCM's and provide a hand tuner( I had this for my 15 SRT ) I have to imagine this is a good thing. at a fraction of the cost of what I would be charged through the tuner. Anyone here using Diablo's product for the Trackhawk?
I do. Bought the PCM and Diablo tuner thru Hemituner Performance. An unlocked PCM from Diablo will run $878. Add a handheld tuner will be around $1,200 depending on model tuner you buy.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It’s also going to depend on what platform your tuner uses.

Some will only use diablo or HPT exclusively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
2 hour install for injectors? lol. It's a 30 minute job and I was an absolute novice.

The power bump sounds about right, as maddog suggested, I'd be pinning the crank whilst installing it.

·
Registered
68 Posts

What size belt are you running with the 2.85 Litens & 10% ATI pulleys?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 10% lower pulley on my TH. Tim Barth, Livernois Motorsports and High Horse Performance all told me to change the injectors. The stock injectors will work but they will be on the limit and if you live in a colder climate you could end up too lean.

This is not my opinion, I'm just repeating what all three of the shops told me. Demon injectors work fine and give you an extra margin of safety for short money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts