Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 18 Trackhawk into the dealer in December of 21 for a transfer case issue. After confirming the issue and waiting almost 3 months for a transfer case the service rep says that they hear some engine noise, now I never heard any and this is my 2nd TH so I know how they’re supposed to sound, however the dealer says it’s all under warranty let us just take care of it. Since they already have the vehicle I say ok go ahead. Another month or 2 goes by and they call me to come pick it up but when I arrive the engine is completely torn apart. When I ask what the hell is going on they tell me that it ran perfect for 10 in and then it started making some noises so they took it apart to find that the cam and some other parts where chewed up and that they needed to send the heads out to make sure whatever happened didn’t cause more problems than they could see. Took another 1-2 months waiting on parts that they screwed up and for them to put it back together. Now they’ve had the vehicle over 5 months. I get a call saying I can pick the car up about a month ago, they tell me they’re just charging the battery and they’ll call me shortly. I never get a call so I go to the dealership the next morning but when I get there the car is dead. I asked the service rep how could the car be dead if it’s been on the charger for a whole precious day ( no answer). When I start the car I can hear the engine knocking and I immediately go inside and ask the service guy why my car sounds like this. He says well the tech isn’t here bring it back tomorrow. I tell him that I’m not taking it and remind him that it was him not the tech that said the car had engine noise in the first place l. I ask him to come outside and listen. He says that’s not the sound that he heard when it came in and I replied if this isn’t what you heard before then why after you “fixed” the noise you heard is it sounding like this. They of course have no answer and tell me that they will call tomorrow once the tech comes in. The next day no call and every time I call the tech is busy. I drive there and go speak to the tech myself and ask him to listen while I’m there, he immediately says it sounds like a piston and I reply to him that the car has been here 6 months and you have never been able to identify anything that fast how do you know that off hand and if so why would you call me to pick it up if you knew that it wasn’t right? He says well I’m not 100% sure we still have to put it on the lift. This was a Friday when I called back that Monday which they told me they had to get it inside and would call me after they diagnosed the issue and would call me Monday but of course no one called and now they tell me the tech no longer works there. They now have to find another tech for my vehicle. Another couple weeks go by they call me and say that yes it needs a piston they’ve ordered it and should be here within a week. 2 weeks later the parts are in but we have more bad news, the cylinder wall is damaged so we don’t want to put a new piston in it and it not work we have to contact Chrysler about a new engine. Now another month has gone by and they called me today saying Chrysler has rejected the warranty work based on “the numbers” given to them by the tech. I asked what numbers are you talking about and he says the before and after a from when the car was “fixed” I asked him how they were able to provide any before numbers if the car engine was already completely disassembled and he had no answer yet again. So now that they haven gone in the engine 3x, twice with a tech that mysteriously no longer works there after putting it back together wrong and causing who knows how much damage and once with this new guy Chrysler is no longer covering the repairs after 7 months! There has to be something I can do about this! Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have an open case with FCA from when I first took the vehicle in about a transfer case and I was told that I would be compensated for all the time I was without my vehicle without a loaner. We kept in contact the entire time with updates up until last week also waiting to hear back from her.

·
Super Moderator
2,804 Posts
That’s the level of service I’ve come to expect from Jeep. I hear that if you take it to Romania, they treat the customer right. Jeep dealerships are the worst!!! Have you asked them to make payments for you while the jeep is down? It usually gets things moving when they are coming out of pocket a grand or two a month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s the level of service I’ve come to expect from Jeep. I hear that if you take it to Romania, they treat the customer right. Jeep dealerships are the worst!!! Have you asked them to make payments for you while the jeep is down? It usually gets things moving when are coming out of pocket a grand or two a month.
So the rep from FCA advised me to wait until the car was fixed because they would only pay once so after being told that I would be compensated I’m not sure what’s going to happen now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You might want to research warranty law for your state, I am in Texas. I had an extended warranty for one of my refrigerators, problems with the ice maker (3 times now). The warranty company was prolonging fixing the issue and then the warranty company was bought out by another company. This started in March and by June still no resolution. I decided to do research and found that Texas, along with other states, had a department for warranty problems. I called, provided detailed notes on all the calls I made and within 38 days I had a check for a new refrigerator. I know we are talking about bigger money, but it seems at this point you have nothing more to lose. The lawyer I worked with was great ( didn’t cost me a penny ). He also found the new company did not file all the correct paper.

Hope this helps.

Texas Warranty

File a Consumer Complaint
Several state and federal agencies have procedures for reporting fraud, scams, and other bad business practices.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I brought my 18 Trackhawk into the dealer in December of 21 for a transfer case issue. After confirming the issue and waiting almost 3 months for a transfer case the service rep says that they hear some engine noise, now I never heard any and this is my 2nd TH so I know how they’re supposed to sound, however the dealer says it’s all under warranty let us just take care of it. Since they already have the vehicle I say ok go ahead. Another month or 2 goes by and they call me to come pick it up but when I arrive the engine is completely torn apart. When I ask what the hell is going on they tell me that it ran perfect for 10 in and then it started making some noises so they took it apart to find that the cam and some other parts where chewed up and that they needed to send the heads out to make sure whatever happened didn’t cause more problems than they could see. Took another 1-2 months waiting on parts that they screwed up and for them to put it back together. Now they’ve had the vehicle over 5 months. I get a call saying I can pick the car up about a month ago, they tell me they’re just charging the battery and they’ll call me shortly. I never get a call so I go to the dealership the next morning but when I get there the car is dead. I asked the service rep how could the car be dead if it’s been on the charger for a whole precious day ( no answer). When I start the car I can hear the engine knocking and I immediately go inside and ask the service guy why my car sounds like this. He says well the tech isn’t here bring it back tomorrow. I tell him that I’m not taking it and remind him that it was him not the tech that said the car had engine noise in the first place l. I ask him to come outside and listen. He says that’s not the sound that he heard when it came in and I replied if this isn’t what you heard before then why after you “fixed” the noise you heard is it sounding like this. They of course have no answer and tell me that they will call tomorrow once the tech comes in. The next day no call and every time I call the tech is busy. I drive there and go speak to the tech myself and ask him to listen while I’m there, he immediately says it sounds like a piston and I reply to him that the car has been here 6 months and you have never been able to identify anything that fast how do you know that off hand and if so why would you call me to pick it up if you knew that it wasn’t right? He says well I’m not 100% sure we still have to put it on the lift. This was a Friday when I called back that Monday which they told me they had to get it inside and would call me after they diagnosed the issue and would call me Monday but of course no one called and now they tell me the tech no longer works there. They now have to find another tech for my vehicle. Another couple weeks go by they call me and say that yes it needs a piston they’ve ordered it and should be here within a week. 2 weeks later the parts are in but we have more bad news, the cylinder wall is damaged so we don’t want to put a new piston in it and it not work we have to contact Chrysler about a new engine. Now another month has gone by and they called me today saying Chrysler has rejected the warranty work based on “the numbers” given to them by the tech. I asked what numbers are you talking about and he says the before and after a from when the car was “fixed” I asked him how they were able to provide any before numbers if the car engine was already completely disassembled and he had no answer yet again. So now that they haven gone in the engine 3x, twice with a tech that mysteriously no longer works there after putting it back together wrong and causing who knows how much damage and once with this new guy Chrysler is no longer covering the repairs after 7 months! There has to be something I can do about this! Any help would be much appreciated
Jeezes, what a nightmare. This is the level of stuff from a third world country. I'm guessing that's where were heading.

Reactions: CAPTIN SLOW

·
Registered
18 Posts
My suggestion is get a "name" Lawyer who specializes in Consumer Law and go to town on them and the dealership. I am under a non-disclosure agreement so I cannot discuss details (it was not an FCA or Stelantis vehicle), but we had a new vehicle with multiple engine failures and we went hard and actually finished up with replacement vehicle rather that the media and court proceedings that were coming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts