Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with the User Interface randomly glitching out. I’ve had it get stuck loading the performance pages shortly after we picked it up. It hasn’t done that since. We once had it stuck on the climate controls and couldn’t exit the page for about 2 hours. Twice now we’ve gotten just the black screen, as if it’s not on, but won’t respond to any inputs and then randomly start working again. Yesterday it got stuck on the reverse cam and wouldn’t exit the cam view after going into drive and park even when clicking X.
Anyone know if there is a firmware update to these things addressing this?
About to name this thing Christine lol

·
Banned
391 Posts
My Challenger wouldn't load the performance pages the other day. I think it was busy doing some (by me) unwanted update.
But that's nothing compared to what you're experiencing. People with late model Rams also seem to have their fair share.
I wish you luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I called the dealer they said the interface updates by cell signal when you turn the car on and if I didn’t let it run long enough (which I didn’t I just went on a beer run) to complete the update I would have corrupted the Operating system files. They said just let the car sit turned off for about an hour then go restart the car and see if it’s resolved. So it sat overnight went out in the morning and so far so good 👍. I just wish they had something telling me it was updating so I can let the car run and finish the update instead up updating in secret only to give me problems.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Agree. Maybe that's why my update worked...it never even started?
It did one update while I was driving a couple of years ago, which took well over an hour. Maybe the spotty cell service didn't exactly help.

Not only didn't the radio work during the update, but afterwards all the presets were gone.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Hmm. Would you believe that after five years of owning of that vehicle, I don't know if it has memory seats?
That's right, I'm not much into gizmos and automation. The great 8-speed trans being an exception.

Hopefully I'll remember your advice when the Challenger acts up after an update. At least I think that one has memory seats.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
When you save the seat position, it also saves other user preferences like radio stations and such. Get everything just how you want it and do a save, then you’ll only need to press the memory recall button to get all your preferences back.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
My radio stations kept “changing” every once in a while until I figured out that I hadn’t saved the seat position since changing my presets and whenever I’d press the memory recall button all my presets changed. No more possessed radio now. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts