Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing my search for a 'Hawk and I surprisingly stumbled across a new 2018 leftover on a dealer's lot.

MSRP $98k
Selling Price: $87k
Mileage: 139

Is this too good to be true? Unfortunately I can't inspect the vehicle myself as I'm about 2k miles away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it’s in the US. Right now I’m leaning towards paying ~$200 for a pre purchase inspection so that I have peace of mind. Wanted to check to see if this sounds suspicious or maybe I stumbled upon a potential good deal.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
I hope you did. If you share more details about where it is, you might get some better help. Bargaining has never been my strongpoint. Lol. Maybe search “deals” or “buying” and see what others have said. I ordered mine exactly how I wanted it, had to wait, AND paid full MSRP but that was in early 18. Good luck 🍀👍🏻

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could probably get it down further. I found my 2018 late last year for 83k and only 90 miles. I would imagine it's a recent transfer and trying to get top dollar before lowering the price. Really all depends on the availability in the area and demand (in Houston and demand was low at the time of my purchase).

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Could probably get it down further. I found my 2018 late last year for 83k and only 90 miles. I would imagine it's a recent transfer and trying to get top dollar before lowering the price. Really all depends on the availability in the area and demand (in Houston and demand was low at the time of my purchase).
paying 83K is good and all but not knowing the sticker price or full list of options its not apples to apples as far as we know at least.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Continuing my search for a 'Hawk and I surprisingly stumbled across a new 2018 leftover on a dealer's lot.

MSRP $98k

Is this too good to be true? Unfortunately I can't inspect the vehicle myself as I'm about 2k miles away.
I used the car inspection company 2 times one guy was amazing and probably saved me a lot of cash the other guy sucked and cost me 3-4K extra on **** he missed.
They wont give opinions and its hard to tell what they are saying. I bought another car unseen as the plane trip and hotels etc were gonna drive the cost up even more. I was tapping my limit on car already. but that silly mistake cost me easily 10K and honestly maybe upto 20K. spend the extra 1500-2000 and go see it. you wont have the issue I did as my car was a 61 impala yours is a brand new TH not like there is hidden rust lol.

where are you located and where is car maybe one of us can look at it?
Ill sell you mine for 87K its fully loaded with **** tons of extras on it (30K or more) just hit 10K miles

·
Registered
7 Posts

MSRP $98k

Definitely not too good to be true. I was in the same situation as you back in may I had been looking for months. There were a few left over 18s at the time. Out of province at a dealer. I grinded them pretty hard. I ended up with a 2018 fully loaded Trackhawk with 56kms on the clock for 92k CAD roughly 69USD. This might be the best deal ever who knows LOL. I was pretty happy about it. I was worried about flat spots and fluids. I got them to do oil change before I picked it up. Get the dealer to send you detailed videos of the vehicle inside and out. Mine had a few scuffs here and there from people touching it and getting in and out on the showroom floor. Nothing that didn't polish out. Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
375 Posts
To be honest that deal is not all that good. I bought a new left over 2018 in 2019, sticker was 92k on mine and I got 15k off sticker. Also dont forget the moment you sign for it its already worth less then you paid. unless they are gonna give you 20k off the price your better searching for a newer model with a similar discount.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
To be honest that deal is not all that good. I bought a new left over 2018 in 2019, sticker was 92k on mine and I got 15k off sticker. Also dont forget the moment you sign for it its already worth less then you paid. unless they are gonna give you 20k off the price your better searching for a newer model with a similar discount.
I think those days are gone. Supply and demand rule is in effect. there are no cars on any lots near me at least none. new or used. after the covid mess is over who knows but right now is a good time to sell and bad time to buy but that is just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Apologies, don't know what comes at that MSRP. The only options mine doesn't have is the tow hitch and DVD screens.
then you have all the good stuff DVD screens are cool but not 2K cool and the played takes up the center box completely.
Tow hitch is super important to me but most are racing theirs so less weight is good. If the color is what you wanted then you got a fair deal specially for these times.

·
Registered
5 Posts

MSRP $98k

I bought my new '18 1 year ago and got a similar deal.

sticker = 97k
miles = 4
paid = 81k

They clearly had this one at a lot of car shows based on the decals and wear on the drivers seat.

They were listing for $85 and I was still searching. They offered me $81 and I jumped on it.

This was in Massachusetts.

1 year in all great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts