Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend that does tint, so got it done on the cheap. $200 install fee, done in about 3 hours, used my product.

Tint used: Global QDP Ceramic. 70% on Windshield / 50% on Front Doors / 5% on everything else.

VLT Before & After, Metered with Laser Labs Inspector 2: Windshield 78/62 / Front Doors 79/48 / Rear Doors 22/00 / Cargo and Back Glass 23/00.

Obviously I can see out the back windows, but it's just too dark for the Meter to register.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
what does VLT mean? I did the light tint all over on mine and a dark sun visor. I dont care how dark the windows are I actually prefer lighter windows. I do tint strictly for the heat reduction. What ever stuff they used on mine makes a huge heat difference. I dont even want to ride in a car with out it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what does VLT mean? I did the light tint all over on mine and a dark sun visor. I dont care how dark the windows are I actually prefer lighter windows. I do tint strictly for the heat reduction. What ever stuff they used on mine makes a huge heat difference. I dont even want to ride in a car with out it.
VLT stands for Visible Light Transmission. This ranking is a percentage that indicates how much light, Tint lets through.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good! I seen an Explorer yesterday that was white and every window was blacked out even the front Ive seen light tinted fronts, this guy didnt care he went full black. looked crazy
Yea, I used to do that in my younger days. 2 layers of 5% on all the rear windows (over the factory tint too), 1 layer of 5% on the front, and a 12" solid vinyl strip across the windshield. Needless to say, in broad daylight, I had to drive with the lights on just to read the gauges to see how fast I was going, because that was before they lit up like they do now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts