Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, my GPS is not saving addresses to its memory.

I’ll type in an address, it’ll ask to save it and give me a confirmation that the address has been saved. All this is good while the truck is running. However, once I turn off the truck, anything that was saved in GPS is gone.

I’ve tried using the memory button, as you would for saving radio stations, but that hasn’t worked either. BTW, radio stations do save.

Is there an activation for the navigation that I may have missed?

I have this same thread in the problems section, but I thought this topic might get more exposure, here.

I’m really hoping the problem is with me and not in my Uconnect unit.

Thanks for reading, any help appreciated...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ve reset everything the radio allows you to do, but it still won’t save GPS locations.

I’m thinking of pulling the fuse (if I can find it) or just disconnecting the battery.

Unless, there is an engineering mode on the radio that I should access first, but from what I’ve read, engineering mode does not exist on these later year radios.

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
The battery is quick n easy, just a 10mm to take off the negative but idk how much it will reset since mine sat for a month with the battery disconnected and the stations were still saved when I powered back up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a radio anti-theft passcode needed after a battery disconnect?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I disconnected the battery. Everything reset, but the issue is still there.

Looks like I'm just going to live with this until there's a software update that might fix it. According to Uconnect, I'm all up-to-date on software.

I did find a thread on another forum that described a similar issue. It was from 2011. The fix was a software update.

Thanks for chiming in on this, much appreciated...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts