Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
Quicker, yes. Faster, I don't know, since I've never topped it out.

My best times came after 15 or 20k miles. "Probably" partly because I learned how to launch the beast and partly because of it being fully broke in. As I've posted several times before, my best 0-60 is 3.0 and the 1/4 in 11.2 @122. That was done in very cool/dry weather and perfect road conditions. No sense in trying to beat those numbers until cool/cold temps come back. The difference between ~30 deg air temps and ~90 degree temps is going to be about .5 sec or more.

My 2 SRT's were the same way. I made a lot of measure runs in the SRT's and kept track of the numbers and temps. I noticed about a .1 difference for every 10 degs of air temp. I love cold air and so does my TH.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Just wondering what you've noticed and when did it become the strongest?
going to the track a lot would be the only way to tell.
if you thru 50 hp on my TH right now and didnt tell me I prob wouldn't know it was there. my butt dyno sucks lol there is no way I would feel 2-5HP I would bet no one could really.

·
Registered
267 Posts
how did this illiterate become a moderator? this forum has gone to absolute crap... to whatever 15 year old Thai or middle eastern kid who runs this thing. boo.

modern engines gaining more power at 20k miles? absolutely ridiculous. you guys are clueless.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how did this illiterate become a moderator? this forum has gone to absolute crap... to whatever 15 year old Thai or middle eastern kid who runs this thing. boo.

modern engines gaining more power at 20k miles? absolutely ridiculous. you guys are clueless.

Not sure if you are a dick or just trying to be funny?

Gaining little power after X amount of miles has been proven over and over on about every car forum around...I have read many times magazines doing long term tests report 0-60 times improving as miles are racked up (to a point). I have also experienced this myself. Most modern engines are built tight and will loosen up somewhat over time.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Gaining little power after X amount of miles has been proven over and over on about every car forum around...I have read many times magazines doing long term tests report 0-60 times improving as miles are racked up (to a point). I have also experienced this myself. Most modern engines are built tight and will loosen up somewhat over time.
Over the years all my higher end performance cars have "seemed" to "peak" between 15 and 20 thousands miles. Or at least that's when I've seen my best times. I'm not sure how much of that is the engine (and/or entire drive train) getting loosened up or that I've learned how to get the most out of the particular car, or maybe both. Also, modern cars seem to be able to hold that peak performance to at least 50 to 60k miles. I can't say much after that since that's about as long as I'll keep them. But I'm sure as some point performance will start to fall off.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not sure if you are a dick or just trying to be funny?

Agreed with TNCHARGER and CAR-GUY. I've worked on staff at car magazines that have had new cars from brand new miles to 30k miles, for long term evaluations. The GM small-blocks, in particular, got better around the 15-20k mark. We proved it time and again with actual instrumented track testing, at the same track, and with the same driver, as when doing the tests originally. I also corroborated it with several GM Powertrain engineers, back in those days (1990s-2000s.)

I'm not looking to get into a pis*ing match with anyone here, and I can rest easy in that I have years of documented proof as to this topic.

Yes, your own unique experiences on this topic may be different. But, unless you've repeated that experience over and over in a methodical and procedural way, that's just called anecdotal evidence.

Peel out...

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Please do not bann bloodyhawk forever let him back in. I want to see when he posts he will be at an event so i can say hi to him in person.

back on topic, I would of never guessed a computer run FI motor would get faster with miles on it. did any of the tests say how much faster they got? I would guess not much but lol I never tested anything like that before.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
^^^ this guy 🤪 I’m fighting the urge sooooooo bad. Trying soo hard to hold onto the warranty for another year

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
^^^ this guy 🤪 I’m fighting the urge sooooooo bad. Trying soo hard to hold onto the warranty for another year
honestly if something is gonna brake it would of broke already. I personally never understood the warranty thing maybe I never needed it not sure. Whats gonna brake or go bad all the sudden? I know you have had yours awhile.
honestly curious what you guys think will happen? I see warranty but never the real thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Well personally, I’ve got landscaping to be done, a pool to be repaired, etc and apparently they need to build a new monument to education every six months in my property tax zone. I modified my Evo after a year without concern but I had the cash for whatever might go wrong, not in the same position anymore. Maybe I’m using the warranty as a crutch to prevent me from dropping another 10k on this jeep.

If anyone out there wants to adopt a 40 year old with a car part addiction, please let me know.......

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Well personally, I’ve got landscaping to be done, a pool to be repaired, etc and apparently they need to build a new monument to education every six months in my property tax zone. I modified my Evo after a year without concern but I had the cash for whatever might go wrong, not in the same position anymore. Maybe I’m using the warranty as a crutch to prevent me from dropping another 10k on this jeep.

If anyone out there wants to adopt a 40 year old with a car part addiction, please let me know.......
LMAO, I know your pains. that def makes sense, also good for you being smart about it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It took me a while to find my unicorn but I bought a new to me TH with 5K miles on it. If anything was wrong with it, it would have surfaced with the first owner and the money I spent with Livernois was the same amount I would have spent on a new 2019 TH. How we get to rationalize mods lmfao ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
you wanna hear something crazy? sunday I talked to a lady about training my puppy. well got a call today she died yesterday. I didnt ask why-how etc but F that live life today you might not be here tomorrow. Mod that beast if thats what you want.
I agree Emericr 5K miles if you needed work it would show. I ordered my 1025 kit at 427 miles and installed it just over 1000. I have over 3000 on it now and so much more fun to me. this junk cost way to much (for me at least) to not enjoy it 1000%

·
Registered
6 Posts
you wanna hear something crazy? sunday I talked to a lady about training my puppy. well got a call today she died yesterday. I didnt ask why-how etc but F that live life today you might not be here tomorrow. Mod that beast if thats what you want.
I agree Emericr 5K miles if you needed work it would show. I ordered my 1025 kit at 427 miles and installed it just over 1000. I have over 3000 on it now and so much more fun to me. this junk cost way to much (for me at least) to not enjoy it 1000%
That comment just made my mind for me, going to a local tunner to order some work on my TH, let that beast out of the cage!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts