Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the consensus regarding this option?

Should a 100k vehicle have this option? I was disappointed to learn the TH does not have this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I read that the 2020-2021 “may” be adding it.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I've had HUD's in my last 3 Vettes. They are a pretty cool option and I'd like to see one in the TH... However, it's what's under the hood that really counts.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Just something else to go wrong, Little gimmicks cost more but little use.
I actually used the HUD all the time. I'd position mine to be just below my driving line of sight and a slight glance all my gauges were there without really loosing sight/focus of the road, for me... It's very convenient and I never had a problem with of any of them.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What is the consensus regarding this option?

Should a 100k vehicle have this option? I was disappointed to learn the TH does not have this.

Imagine buying a BMW X5M for $115k and finding you need to pay for apple car play thru a subscription service.

There are disappoints and could have/should haves at all price levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Agreed.
There often seems to be no equity when it comes to the price of a new car and the stuff you get. A mid-level Kia or Hyundai may have more/better equipment on it than a significantly more expensive car. Count the 12v power points or USB cable power sources, for example, between a Hyundai and a BMW 3 series.

I own a Ferrari 488 GTB, and the satellite radio subscription you get when you buy it is for less time than on a Camry.
But, I literally never turn on the radio in the Ferrari, so I don't care.

I would like it if the TH came with power folding mirrors and better quality carpet. Like you can probably find on a much lesser priced SUV.
But, that doesn't diminish the driving fun one bit.

No one ever noticed if there even was carpet, when on a balls-out performance run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also like a HUD and have had on my last 4 vehicles and wish it was an option on my SRT. Also power folding mirrors are another convenience item I use frequently. I close the driver's side manually when parking but do not bother with the passenger side as I tend to forget it and hard to reset from the driver's seat. Regarding expensive cars without popular features, I have a CTS-V which comes with HUD but not power mirrors which is odd for a brand marketed in the luxury line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 2016 CTS-V and also am dissapointed it does not have power folding mirrors.

The TH should have both HUD and power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My previous car had HUD. I liked it, but I couldn’t see it with polarized sun glasses. That drove me nuts.

The BMW Apple CarPlay subscription is a joke. Much like our Guardian subscription. My Expedition has remote start from the Ford App, and there is no charge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts